Evolution of another Starlet ;)

nightSpirit

Was pointed in the direction of this site by a good friend (Jon :whistle:. Saw the EP82 project Bazza is working on (very impressed) and thought I'd share my starlet project with you all.

Coming from a highly modified MR2 Turbo that I never drove :thumbsup_anim: pushing 448hp at the flywheel and 303 lb/ft...I thought I'd buy a nice daily driver and concentrate on a weekend track weapon with no frills.

I'm going more extreme than Bazza, although the engine mods will stop (to start with) at the Power FC, Supra fuel pump and Supra injectors....all of which are sat in the shed.

This weekend our container has arrived from Japan with a few bits for the EP in there so hopefully I'll be able to get the TRD Coilovers, cusco adjustable panhard rod and the Safety 21, 7 point roll cage in there :P

www.night-spirit.co.uk/blog

Click above for the blog...better than me typing it all again.

Lol...

Hopefully we'll end up on a track together at some point and we can terrorise all the other peeps :thumbsup_anim:

I'm loving that ct20b with custom manifold, gotta get me one of those! You keeping the stock internals for as long as possible until it turns to mush from the power?

Lol...

Hopefully we'll end up on a track together at some point and we can terrorise all the other peeps :thumbsup_anim:

I'm loving that ct20b with custom manifold, gotta get me one of those! You keeping the stock internals for as long as possible until it turns to mush from the power?

stock internals until cash allows for a rebuild, hopefully by the end of the year :P

sounds like a very sensible way forward...head gasket?

My EP has 101k miles on it, so I'm trying to preserve that really but when it does go bang I'll be going for a 5E block, forged pistons, valve springs, crank, HG, bolts and studs, cams, pulleys, flywheel etc. My ultimate aim before moving onto another track car would be ~300 hp from the EP. The key being instant, useable power...none of this huge turbo and figures bollocks like I did on the mr2. :thumbsup_anim:

Welcome to wim.... That is one nice blog you have for the Starlet :) Something wim is fortunate to have is members who appreciate the work/ time and money that goes into a project like yours so we thank you for sharing this with us...

• 2 months later...
Funny you should say that..I was kind of hoping you could tell me :whistle:

Needs doing when the car is on the road before I wear the tyres down to the canvas :rolleyes:

Initially it depends on the adjust-ability of the chassis.... Then we would determine your intentions with the car, suggest a set-up, set and test. Your feed-back would then be used to fine-tune the calibration..

I would also suggest the car is corner weighted and indexed.

ah ok,

well where do I go for all this lovely work? would love to know what the car weighs :rolleyes: if I get anywhere near the target of 700kg I'll be a happy happy man!

"TDI PowerTuning" top right of the page here is the place to go. They have the corner weigh scales, 3D chassis imaging machine and are Prodrive accredited in chassis dynamics.....

Recently we had a TDI/wim meet to show the world the entire operation> http://www.wheels-inmotion.co.uk/forum/ind...c=1384&st=0 If you scroll down the threads you can see the calibration/weighting in action.

Fantastic...will get that booked when the ep is on the road.

You have invested a lot of time and money into your evolution.... When it comes to the finishing touches you need to do it right and do it once.... TDI are the best "nuff said".