My E60 530i

SHAHZ

I'm abit wary of fitting these now. The ones I put in the Corolla both stopped working and when they were removed (by the current owner) the ends were burnt so I'm wondering if they might be a fire hazard?

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm abit wary of fitting these now. The ones I put in the Corolla both stopped working and when they were removed (by the current owner) the ends were burnt so I'm wondering if they might be a fire hazard?

Not heard of any problems with the festoon type, i remember the strip type posing a fire hazard

Nice, looks like a floodlit stadium in there!  :D

Doesn't the 5 already have angel eyes?

Indeed, ive seen the light, lool!!  it does but they are boring yellow halogen bulbs! 

it kinda is....for the pre facelift its a case of changing the bulbs for some LEDs, for the facelift with xenons as standard, not so easy... well not easy to get a decent light output (daytime)..... There are a few places in the states that claim to have some decent light output, however there are a few places here in the UK.... fingers crossed these throw out a decent bit of light so i dont need to get another set from accross the pond which are almost double in cost when including shipping.... im essentially the guinea pig over on the beemer forum... a number of em are waiting for my review!!

The newer ones come with these as standard, interior bulbs are also 'led white' which is good to see!!

No idea.... If they can see a market then a short scale. Sometimes with these evolutions just getting the car and availability that's the issue. BMW are hardly going to donate a car plus there needs to be a relationship between the owner/ developer to conclude the build.

Once done if we get there then the product can be sold in the UK but not in the EU, so SUV i think that what it's called needs to be approved but this costs them £1000's . Nevertheless evolution is the key issue here so let's evolve from there :)  

Any further progress on this Tony..... im begining to start looking at some 20's for the summer so thought id check!.....will post another thread at some point as i need a little help with the offset/fitment.....

BC without question.... The Apex are half arseing the combination and the Spax depend on pre-load for trim adjustment..... What's desired is trim adjustment without pre-loading the coils or even helper coils, and then damper control within a reasonable range.... BC seem to tick the box in my opinion.

Fitted some LEDs on the AEs today....

The LEDs!

7BC2199B-3D7A-424A-BFC9-566B68B2B7F9.jpg

Comparioson with left still halogen

32E75092-60CE-44F5-A6BC-554EB8ECD791.jpg

Both Halogen bulbs out

3B9BC732-057A-4544-9E4E-A8B455E94ECA.jpg

Both leds fitted

1250F8FF-C61C-433B-900D-357766089AAF.jpg

all tucked back in to the casing nicely!

DCAE0BAB-43E2-4314-8592-88ABCC168664.jpg

A few more pics

DE9FDD70-5F4A-4A78-8684-5FAE2B4051BF.jpg

30478DF8-C37C-4211-8661-1DCC886E1763.jpg

Were a easy enough to fit, driver side was a little tighter, but wasnt a problem.  havent really had a chance to have a proper look at them, but from what i did and for only £70, im impressed!   :D

Will take some more pics later in the dark if i get a chance

They do look so much better than the yellow halegons.... They wearnt to bad to fit Tony, the fitment sits towards the inner side of each unit where there is some space, the actual main headlights look like they would be a complete PIA to fit!

There is a few variations though of the headlights ie facelift / non xenon etc so could be one of the ones you done were not so easy!

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...