Lamborghini Miura SV catches fire in central London......

Tony

That's a real shame, they are known for it though. The 3 that I have seen at car shows the owners have known about them catching fire and installed extinguishers around the engine bay........beautiful car with a timeless design.

anyone know the story how the Muira came to be the first car from Lambourghini?

That's a real shame, they are known for it though. The 3 that I have seen at car shows the owners have known about them catching fire and installed extinguishers around the engine bay........beautiful car with a timeless design.

anyone know the story how the Muira came to be the first car from Lambourghini?

It's because Lamborghini got into an argument with Ferrari isn't it?

Yeah but a bit more personal......Mr Lambourghini having success selling tractors bought himself a Ferrari and after driving it for a while found improvements Enzo could  do to the car to make it better and told him so, Enzo told him "what do you know about making cars" so Mr Lambourghini went away designed and built the Muira. The rest is history but until recently all the world leading motoring journalists voted the Muira as being the most beautifully designed vehicle beating the Merc gullwing only to be eclipsed by the McLaren F1 as an everyday driveable supercar.

Yep he thought Ferraris were too track focussed, and he wanted them to be more comfortable like GTs?

It's a great story, I think the Miura was the first mid-engined road car as well wasn't it?

Yeah which gave him license to be more aerodynamic at the front end and everyone jumped on the bandwagon so to speak!

Yep he thought Ferraris were too track focussed, and he wanted them to be more comfortable like GTs?

It's a great story, I think the Miura was the first mid-engined road car as well wasn't it?

Actually the first was Lancia :o

Can't remember but it was on a Top Gear repeat last night.

Must be the stratos? That doesn't really count as it was a race car (I'm sure there were other mid-engined race cars before it as well).

I'm pretty sure the Miura was the first mid-engined production road car.