MX5 Mk3 Milltek

joeB12

Had a customer in on Monday for a suspension and tyre sports package on his Mk3. After going over the options for a sports exhaust, he has decided to go for the Milltek

post-1773-0-25249400-1345556444_thumb.jpg

It's the first one we've done on a 5, but they're supposed to be the muts nuts. Will take a few snaps and a video on Friday!

You can always get one made. Usually they will use the old exhaust as a template and bend the pipes on site. Usually costs a little bit more b/c it's a one off, but if you get 304 or 316 stainless it will last a LONG time.

I have 304 stainless 3" it's showing a little surface rust now, but it's been on the car nearly 6 years now. I got some flak about spending X amount on the exhaust when I could get a mild steel one for 1/2 the price. Well the person in question, who changed out their exhaust at the same time I did is on his 3rd 'cheap' mild exhaust. I think you can do the math =)

• 7 months later...

What is the price of them currently Joe? They look like lovely pieces of kit, very well made, and they sound great from what i've heard on various youtube clips!

Personally I think i'll probably replace the manifold first as that is the most restrictive part of the exhaust system and provides the most noticeable gains. I think the exhaust would follow on from that. I'd need something with a cat in the mid-pipe though as whatever manifold (Racing Beat/Goodwin Racing maybe) went in would remove the first cat in the stock manifold.

Must make a noticeable improvement to the standard exhaust tone as from inside the car all you can hear is the engine buzzing away when the roof is up!