Why would anyone want to do this?

Tony

Funny you posted that, I was flicking through the channels last night and watched abit of extreme bull riding. It's madness, the damage those horns can do, I'm surprised no one was seriously injured. Cruel sport.

Even if the horns are rounded they have enough force to break ribs and cause internal bleeding, or worse. I will never understand why people do this.

We always cut the horns off our steers and made every attempt to prevent them from doing things that could hurt themselves or others.

A lot of those people didn't get back up, why put yourself through it?!

I agree, ever hit yourself with a hammer... now imagine the weight of a bull behind it! doesnt matter if the horns sharp, blunted or covered its going to pummel you and turn your muscles to mush. Not to mention the being flung about, you can sustain a life changing head injury just falling from a standing possition, i dread to think what has happened to some of the chaps that got crushed into walls and thrown onto their heads.

If you want something that shows bullfighting at it's worst, to show people what it really is about then Chris Rea wrote the music to a short film about it, "Bullfighting", but it comes as part of the Santo Spirito CD set with inclusive DVD. Done by an anti bullfighting group.

Towards the end of the film it gets very horrific as they kill the bull, whilst the "humans" seem to have no feeling for what has just happened.

Not a video for the kids!

h

I think they are just trying to prove they are total idiots :rolleyes:

It is cruel to the bull - it's a bit like putting your head in a aligators mouth and wondering why you haven't got a head anymore ..... I hate to say it but did anyone notice all the people in the bull run are men :whistle: