AlloyGator rim protector....

Tony

If it was me... I don't like how they use metal spikes and drive into the tyre. These are good for one set of tyres only, after that you have to put a new set on. You get a puncture, guess what!

I always try to buy tyres with rim protection edges on them, though the econo tyres don't tend to have them.

Looking at the video you deflate the tyre and they clip on, then glue the ends together. I think it's too much hassle fitting them, they look gay and what's wrong with just avoiding the kerb :lol:

Looking at the video you deflate the tyre and they clip on, then glue the ends together. I think it's too much hassle fitting them, they look gay and what's wrong with just avoiding the kerb :lol:

Ahh right that doesn't sound too bad, to be fair the pic of that bentley wheel above looks ok but I think that's because of the design of the wheel. On a cleaner wheel design it would probably be a lot more obvious.

And I imagine this product is designed for those who struggle to avoid the kerb :whistle:

If it was me... I don't like how they use metal spikes and drive into the tyre.

Can't see the fitting video at work but is that how you fit them? Basically screw them into the tyre?

You hammer it into the tyre, but to prevent it from walking around/out they use metal tabs that you glue into the protector. Looks like the tabs get hammered into the tire when you hammer it on.