Tyre labels begin in November

Tony

It's all very well having that but the problem is some tyres behave alot differently on different cars. Just look at some of the opinions on here about the same tyre.

I dont see why its bad news for tyre comparison websites , to me it is aimed to make it easier for the consumer to decide what they want and compare tyres like for like

Most tyre dealers in the high street cant carry the stock to allow a real like for like comparison so i reckon web sales will increase, so really bad news for the high street and a plus for the web again

I dont see why its bad news for tyre comparison websites , to me it is aimed to make it easier for the consumer to decide what they want and compare tyres like for like

Most tyre dealers in the high street cant carry the stock to allow a real like for like comparison so i reckon web sales will increase, so really bad news for the high street and a plus for the web again

That's what I was thinking, I can't see how this will affect comparison (I'm assuming review) websites as those who like to choose which tyres they use carefully will still use those sites to weigh up the pros and cons. People who just come in off the street and ask for the cheapest or budget tyres won't really care what is written on the label, they'll just look at the price. I doubt they have ever looked into reviewing tyres as well.

Tyre review sites have always been for the enthusiast and I doubt these labels will stop that.

This is useful info for the average person going in to buy tyres, might make them think twice about buying budget ditchfinders, if they see it printed in black and white that it'll take another mile to stop in the wet.

This just means that Whooflugdung Tire Copr, China will just fix their tyres to a certain level in those three catagories. They'll still be s***e in everything else.

Or they'll just make it up and put whatever they want on there.

This just means that Whooflugdung Tire Copr, China will just fix their tyres to a certain level in those three catagories. They'll still be s***e in everything else.

Or they'll just make it up and put whatever they want on there.

Can you engineer a tyre though to stop well in the wet but still be rubbish?