Bye bye Laptop....

Tony

There is a version 2 video

and I note one of the comments about how the rolltop seems to be connected to the tower before it will turn on, so maybe the battery (if there is one) and harddrive are in the tower and the rolling bit is just a display.

That is obviously a prototype but that centre bit does appear to act as some sort of hub. Having said that though looking at current phones and tablets there's quite a lot that can be packed into a very small package so it isn't necessary for a large unit housing gubbins :lol:

There is a version 2 video
and I note one of the comments about how the rolltop seems to be connected to the tower before it will turn on, so maybe the battery (if there is one) and harddrive are in the tower and the rolling bit is just a display.

im sure they can use Solid state memory, normal hard drives are getting so cheap now they are old tech, SS hard drives are very expensive now but once it becomes the market norm the prices will tumble.

Also battery tech has come on a long way in the last few years with LiPo's so i dont see why the tower could be removed and purely used as a 'holder / charger'

i would say everything displayed is possible with todays tech although there would have to be advances in "people proofing" the technology. People have a habit of being more destructive and manage to foul things up that the designers never concidered.

good concept, not sure everyone would like the hub design although i can see its purpose. essentially what you have is a new take on the screen and pc scenario but with a little bit more of a mix up of the components