Restored Old American Car

Rich

Can't remember what it was now but but I think it was American and it was in the garage I use for my MOT's. Everything was MINT and looked better than new. Engine in the rear, left hand drive and the fuel tank at the front! Check out the rear camber!! :D

restored_car_01.jpg

restored_car_02.jpg

with the engine in the back i really dont see the problem with it? its a bit like this porsche

image005.jpg

what worries me though is that on my searches i actually found cars running front engine with front mounted fuel, this must be to prevent fuel starvation/surge or something as they all appear to be drag cars of some discription

2009_0202beretta0003.jpg

my mr2 has its tank under my left arm :D

Can't believe the americans made something so small, must be really old!

Yep fuel tank at the front isn't that unusual, porsche being one of the examples that still does it. The beetle also had a front mounted fuel tank.

Where are the tanks on most mid/rear engined cars? Surely they're all at the front? (trying to think where the fuel filler caps are on Ferraris and Lambos but have no idea :D )

All seems odd compared to the modern car..... As it happens most old cars had positive camber front and rear.

I don't think it's American. Looks more like the Italian 1960 Vespa 400, which was 'the four wheeled scooter'.

All seems odd compared to the modern car..... As it happens most old cars had positive camber front and rear.

I don't think it's American. Looks more like the Italian 1960 Vespa 400, which was 'the four wheeled scooter'.

Yep that looks like it, I didn't have a clue, just assumed it was American but then it does look too small like parthiban said.

Yep that looks like it, I didn't have a clue, just assumed it was American but then it does look too small like parthiban said.

Well they did sell them in the States, and if you were looking for one to restore you'd get a better example from California than Milan :o

post-62-1322501842.jpg post-62-1322501857.jpg post-62-1322501874.jpg