Clunking noise at slow speeds.

adam_r

Hello .

I have been noticing a clunking noise from the suspension area of the car.

it occures if i go over uneven surfaces or if i swing my steering wheel from side to side whilst moving at 5mph. its comming from the drivers side and it happenenes when i turn right.

Im thinking it could be a drop link, but was not too sure.

its a 2.2 i-ctdi honda accord and im on 130k miles and afaik the suspension is all standard and original parts from build.

any help would be great as its getting on my nerves and my normally silent car is clunking...

Well, just been out to try the drop links for movement.

With the car sitting as normal or with the wheels jacked up off the floor i could get no movement from either drop link :lol:

I have taken a pciture of each drop link but it does not show much tbh....

IMAG0369.jpg

IMAG0371.jpg

That type of link will not knock in the knuckle because it's plastic :lol: nevertheless it can knock at it's pick up point on the ARB. If you test for play you need to test movement in the ARB ( not the link )

Normally a noise in the Link/ Arb area is a metallic pulsation type of noise. Not the thud/ thump or shudder. The noise event shouldn't involve any other symptoms like vibration or pulling to one side.

thanks for the responce Tony.

The sound is a klunky /knocking noise when driving along.

Is there any way to tell which of my drop links has bitten the dust ? or do i get both replaced?

Also is this possibly a diy job?