Renault Clio geometry when modified

Rich

So my brother couldn't sell his Renault 21 so swapped it for a Clio!! :lol: I had a drive of it on Saturday, it's pretty nippy for a 1.8, has racing cams and decat. You can't drive it under 2k rpm as it's very hesitant.

Anyway, he took it to the garage who him and my Dad use down in Essex and had it 'tracked up'...his words! The car still feels nervous at speed and a little bit shakey. Obviously he hasn't listened to anything I've told him about tracking vs geometry and the car is still the same! :rolleyes: So he's thinking of bringing it up to WIM.

It's been lowered 60mm on springs only and had all new suspension parts fitted recently. What is adjustable as standard though and what can be done for the modified chassis?

Here's the car

dans_clio.jpg

Out of the box all they have is front toe. When lowered the rear camber stays around the same but the front will gain camber, this in turn generates oversteer. All we can do is fit EZ cams in the struts to enable adjustment and dial out some camber.

Cheers Tony will let him know, but he doesn't like the car so he probably won't even keep it long!! :lol:

Adam, I'm not even sure if it was lowered on the standard shocks but yeah they won't last long with a drop like that. He can only just get it up the drive!! :rolleyes: