mazda droplinks

I have got a new set of aftermarket mx5 droplinks ready to go on,what i need to know is do i put them on as they are in the pics or do they need to be more vertical reason is they just don't look right to me ?

post-1876-1309802988.jpg

post-1876-1309803010.jpg

post-1876-1309803032.jpg

post-1876-1309803244.jpg

I know my old Wim ones were more vertical so do these follow suit ?

happens a lot in the mr2 scene, the front links get put on either way round without any consideration of the effect it has. sometimes its due to poor third party coilover design in the mr2 scene preventing the correct installation.

Yes they are "handed" so it looks like they have put on the incorrect sides.

So factor in Mazda's fabled weak droplinks and also that they were second hand to start i would have thought that they would have been fitted with the least amount of stress as possible ?

Would you agree or am i up the wrong tree ? (Again ). ;)

because im a curious cat i just made a plastascine drop link and referenced your picture, it would appear that the links need to be "handed" and it would appear that you have the wrong "handed" link installed.

if you remove and try installing on the opposite side of the car, you should find that the link installs the correct way round to attain near virtical installation.

;)

Very good!

If they are installed differently each side without massive preload, then I'll bet that the anti-roll bar is bent and that's the only way you can get both connected.....

Thanks for that , got it BTW the Plasticine links looks great in bl

ue !

:)

;)

i think i need to eat or have a drink or something i think my brains stopped.

his is a real car, mine was a mock up made of odds and sodds found on my desk, if memory serves it would be a couple of wireless adapter back plates, some plasticine and some post-it's ;)

Have we been done over ;)

hu? :huh:

I mean are we talking real car or model car :wacko:

Well.... I've heard them called "hairdressers car" before , but never a model car.

Then again they are a bit small . :lol: