Phase 2 xsara

phipck

well much like many others on here ive had to consider my fuel consumption and driving costs, so ive gone and got me a Citroen Xsara 1.4 phase2 (not a picasso) a bit like this one

citroen_xsara_1_6i_16v_lx_5_door_92257873324186880.jpg

and wondered if there were any known geometry issues with them? Im already running through a variety of engine management issues but as the car belonged to family member it was an offer i couldnt turn down ;)

thats good to hear, means just tackling the unreliable ignition electronics!

the mr2 is staying, but i will be taking it off the road in a couple of months so i can over time bring it back to excelent condition..... a bit sad but i need to reduce my outgoings :)

No known issues in my department.... In fact of all the car makers the one i see the least is French cars :)

Bit surprised to hear that Tony, considering the number of 205 / 306 etc types that I've seen crabbing along with obviously bent rear arms. Maybe all they do is chuck them away and start again rather than going to the grief of alignment and then finding out its non-adjustable anyway.

parts are silly cheap, my ex's clio needed a new lower ball joint and i ended up buying the whole lower arm including balljoint and inner bushings for £20.

muchos betteros than the mr2's price listing!

true, there is a quality level with cheaper parts, but what suprised me was that yes there are cheapo cheap parts but there are also original manufacturer quality cheap parts, took me a while researching but i eventually found an ebay seller whos parts were good spec for the clio. the same with the mr2, replacement droplinks are noturiously poor quality as people buy the cheapest they can find on ebay, i suffered the first time i replaced them and the ball joints wore out after about 8 months of light driving. But i managed to find near identical to OEM parts, which when they arrived were just as overengineered as the originals. Theyve lasted almost 3 years and still feel brand new. Im hoping to do the same with the xsara when the time comes, but im still getting use to french cars, i was suprised to open the hood and see plastic engine parts as im so use to all aluminium or cast parts! ;)