Fix Registration

nhumrod

Hi all, this is going to sound REALLY pedantic/sad, especially for a first post, but I couldnt understand why I wasnt able to register and the maths field kept bombing out!

The correct answer to 5 + 5 x 2 is 15, not 20.

BOMDAS / BODMAS - Brackets, Of, Multiplication, Division, Addition, Subtraction. So you do 5x2 first (10) then add the 5 = 15

Might be better to simply have a maths question which cant be interpretted the wrong way... or simply add brackets (5 + 5) x 2 :thumbsup_anim:

Haha, that's brilliant, exactly the sort of thing I'd get confused by too!

It's BODMAS (or BIDMAS) though isn't it? Division always comes before multiplication, it can't be the other way round can it?

Can be either way and the result is still the same... :thumbsup_anim:

Haha, that's brilliant, exactly the sort of thing I'd get confused by too!

It's BODMAS (or BIDMAS) though isn't it? Division always comes before multiplication, it can't be the other way round can it?

Can be either way and the result is still the same... :thumbsup_anim:

Fair point :(

Just never come across it being said the other way..........

No one else has had problems with it so I think I'll leave it, this isn't countdown! :thumbsup_anim: Mind you if you were having problems it will stop the spam bots joining, which is the reason why it's there. It's due a change anyway but I'll do it with brackets this time :(

Welcome to the forum as well :(

No one else has had problems with it so I think I'll leave it, this isn't countdown! :thumbsup_anim: Mind you if you were having problems it will stop the spam bots joining, which is the reason why it's there. It's due a change anyway but I'll do it with brackets this time :(

Welcome to the forum as well :(

Ta muchly... :)

Mainly joined so I could see your HOTW forum... some classics in there!

No one else has had problems with it so I think I'll leave it, this isn't countdown! :D Mind you if you were having problems it will stop the spam bots joining, which is the reason why it's there. It's due a change anyway but I'll do it with brackets this time ;)

Welcome to the forum as well :)

Ta muchly... :)

Mainly joined so I could see your HOTW forum... some classics in there!

How did you hear about HOTW :huh: