Goodyear F1 Asymmetrics 2

BuyPirelli

Interesting, can't say I have noticed too much and I am on my 4th pair of Asymmetrics. However when replacing the faulty cracked ones that I shown you earlier, the newer ones felt so much stiff and precise - I guess of course thats because the others were fooked!

May tried the Ultra Sessanta next? Actually Michelin Pilot Sport 3 PS3 seem to get good reviews, any feedback Tony?

Hmmm, interesting seeing as I need some new tyres soon. My F1As have been brilliant except when the weather dips under about 7C - then I just can't trust the back end.........seeing as it doesn't appear they've changed anything to improve that slightly I'll have to pass.

Don't get me wrong I don't expect summer tyres to work just as well in cold weather, but I don't expect it to feel like driving on ice either.........

PS3s for me next :rolleyes:

Hmmm, interesting seeing as I need some new tyres soon. My F1As have been brilliant except when the weather dips under about 7C - then I just can't trust the back end.........seeing as it doesn't appear they've changed anything to improve that slightly I'll have to pass.

Don't get me wrong I don't expect summer tyres to work just as well in cold weather, but I don't expect it to feel like driving on ice either.........

PS3s for me next :rolleyes:

Can't really recommend the PS3's below -7degrees centigrade either, but probably more the fault of the torque available on the IS-F than the tyre. Cannot fault them as a summer tyre.

Can't really recommend the PS3's below -7degrees centigrade either, but probably more the fault of the torque available on the IS-F than the tyre. Cannot fault them as a summer tyre.

Is that -7 or +7 degrees? I meant +7 when I was talking about the F1As.

Sorry, meant to say +7 degrees. at -7 degrees the 'F' stays tucked up in the garage and the IS200 Sport on the Pirelli SottoZeros is used (cannot fault them below +7degrees or on snow/ice). It's hilarious to see the expression on peoples faces as you drive round Chelsea tractors stuck on icy Cotswold hills in a RWD Lexus :nowink:

Is that -7 or +7 degrees? I meant +7 when I was talking about the F1As.

Sorry, meant to say +7 degrees. at -7 degrees the 'F' stays tucked up in the garage and the IS200 Sport on the Pirelli SottoZeros is used (cannot fault them below +7degrees or on snow/ice). It's hilarious to see the expression on peoples faces as you drive round Chelsea tractors stuck on icy Cotswold hills in a RWD Lexus :nowink:

Fair point, best place for it in those temps! Thanks for that, interesting that the PS3s have a similar problem, although with the IS-F there is a lot more power on tap so I'm hoping in the IS200 that it should be a little better on them. Is it tolerable, or do you feel the need to tip-toe around when it's colder? I find in my IS that cold weather transforms the car, the rear end becomes really loose and floaty which I find really uncomfortable..........

Lol @ the IS200 on winter tyres passing the 4x4s :D

Fair point, best place for it in those temps! Thanks for that, interesting that the PS3s have a similar problem, although with the IS-F there is a lot more power on tap so I'm hoping in the IS200 that it should be a little better on them. Is it tolerable, or do you feel the need to tip-toe around when it's colder? I find in my IS that cold weather transforms the car, the rear end becomes really loose and floaty which I find really uncomfortable..........

Not really necessary to tip-toe around, but the rear end steps out without a lot of persuasion. I was a little concerned so I pm'd Tony to revisit the geometry settings on his records to see if the set up would be biased, but he said there was nothing in the settings that could account for it being tail happy, so it's down to the rubber compound.

The Pirelli SottoZero's are sticky enough to adhere to the garage floor tiles to the extent that you can hear them 'unstick' when moving out.

I used to have Michelin Pilot sports on my Merc , unfortuantly my gravel drive played havoc with them and they split between the treads , water got in and corroded the steel bands and the tyres bulged causing a vibration but this hasnt happened with Eagle F1's