Summers coming

S2IM

In preperation for summer coming and using the car for our wedding I have decided to get the following done:

1. New wheels (already purchased and will require tyres + fitting) - These are Honda 17" OEM from a 04+ that have been refurbed.

2. Suspension - springs required for the car. I dont need coilovers as the original springs only have 38k on them and the car is mainly used for commuting. Suggestions on makes to pair with the current MY02 suspension?

3. Geo - This needs doing as the car has developed a pull to the left over the Winter no doubt due to the pot holes. Also once the new wheels and tyres are on.

So

Suggestions on springs? Eibach's come immediately to mind from when I had them fitted on my old MX5

Geo? The car will be running 245 rears instead of 225 as per Honda 17" tyre recomendation. Ideally I would like a fast road set up, what settings would need configuring and the intended finished settings be? I am hoping the extra grip at the rear will get rid of some of the twitchyness pulling out of junctions.

Last time I was in - Pete advised the bolts were starting to get stiff but all were adjustable. I am planning on keeping the car so it is well worth me getting the bolts re-greased prior to the geo? I have heard these are a PITA if they seize and rather expensive to sort. Is this a lenghty job?

Cheers

:lol:

Cool, thought you would've hired a car though. Nearer the time I'll come over and give it a detail for you :(

Before you put your new rims on do you want me to wax them first, it'll make cleaning them alot easier and brake dust won't stick etc?

• 1 month later...

Well first part done today. Wheels fitted, new rubber and a Geo. Car looks a lot fresher with the wheels on. :tongue2:

After the wedding in May it will be suspension work next.

Pete said only one bolt gave him grief which is brilliant for an 8 year old car. When the Geo gets done again in autum I'll get them all greased and replaced if needs be.

One advisory on the track rod ends but the car came into the tolerances we wanted. Again will replace at the next visit. bit. Bit more camber now on the rear to make use of the extra width on the tyres. Car was very planted on the way home even with unscrubbed tyres.

A good visit all in all. :)