Whats height is right :)

Ellz

Ive just got a new set of HKS hyper max 2 coilovers :lol: bargin of the century as well :lol:

Just wondering for an IS200 whats a good height to have the front and rear, and also what is the lowest height that car can be geo'd on.

I was thinking 30-40mm drop at the front and 40-50mm at the back (from standard height)

Will this be ok to get geo'd and will it be a pain in the arse for speed bumps, not got that many round hear and they can be driven round :P

Cheers Elliott

Got to admit, i was defeated by a recent visitor to the workshop. Ordinarily, i wouldn't have done it, but a guy i know has an old skool beetle that is right on the floor. Took 3/4 hour to get on the ramp!!!!

In the end, because of the wheel location and ride hieght, i had to set the tracking with toe plates and a tape measure. :( Still, not a great deal of variables on beetle suspension. Good to see a healthy disregard for scrub lines!

Still, didn't answer the question did i? Shouldn't be a problem but it you may need to be a bit more specfic in who you use to set it up. Some equipment may become unusable if it is too low.

the IS200 is only geometry adjustable to a certain height (40mm i think)

after that there are unrecoverable settings, (camber i think)

mine was set up by abbey motorsports, they claim they are able to set any height car, mine was set to the lowest recoverable height, and testament to there expertise i have no uneven wear on any tyres, and it handles superb

as for lowest height to be measured, it will depend on who carries out the geometry

i know tony is frustrated by not being able to accomodate low riders

Not that important going low just wanted to know Tony is ringing me tomro so i can sort out a time to get the coilovers and the TRD anti roll bars fitted :(

Gonna handle like a dream when its finished.

Barry is your car at 40mm then front and rear ????

My Tezza is about -50mm all round, the geo on the front is recoverable at that but not on the back. I am at 2 degrees neg camber on the rears with the adjusters maxed out. That causes wear on the insides but I still got 25k out of the last set of F1's which I think is reasonable and it handles great :(

As for speed bumps some are a problem and there are some roads I avoid at that height.

My Tezza is about -50mm all round, the geo on the front is recoverable at that but not on the back. I am at 2 degrees neg camber on the rears with the adjusters maxed out. That causes wear on the insides but I still got 25k out of the last set of F1's which I think is reasonable and it handles great :(

As for speed bumps some are a problem and there are some roads I avoid at that height.

Can you post up a photos of your car mate, what size wheels you got on ????

Not that important going low just wanted to know Tony is ringing me tomro so i can sort out a time to get the coilovers and the TRD anti roll bars fitted :P

Gonna handle like a dream when its finished.

Barry is your car at 40mm then front and rear ????

not sure what the drop is, but it is equal all round

was too low for tony to get his equipment on :(

My Tezza is about -50mm all round, the geo on the front is recoverable at that but not on the back. I am at 2 degrees neg camber on the rears with the adjusters maxed out. That causes wear on the insides but I still got 25k out of the last set of F1's which I think is reasonable and it handles great :P

Can you post up a photos of your car mate, what size wheels you got on ????

He has 17" wheels.... Here is a picture of the space needed for the equipment to fit and this includes Kipling's equipment...... The image is a little large so stand back :(

As long as there is space for the clamps fingers then you are safe.... As for the natural recovery limit -50mm should be safe subject to initial findings.

Thanks tony, ive booked in for 12 on friday :(

I think ill probably go 35mm at front then about 40-45 mm at back

Anyone got any other ideas ??????????????

do different heights give different performance?

I am aware of your booking because i follow silently in the background to make sure everything goes exactly to plan.

I am unsure why to want the rear lower than the front? could you explain why you desire the look or suggested handling.

dunno at the mo it jsut looks like the front is lower than the rear ??? may just be the alloys fillin the arches differently.

Im not that bothered about height as long as it looks ok and performs good im a happy man :(

Ok i understand. Ultimetly the appearance is up to you providing it's safe. On the (out of sight) part of the communication, i am meeting Mark tonight to discuss your cars set-up <_<

I am unsure why to want the rear lower than the front? could you explain why you desire the look or suggested handling.

The ride height bias can be optimised to improve the Dynamic Index if needed <_<

Say what Mark ?????

Ill be at TDI around 12 ish

Tony can i have a address of the place i need to plan a route :(

The ride height bias can be optimised to improve the Dynamic Index if needed :D

Say what Mark ?????

Tony can i have a address of the place i need to plan a route :D

Last moment or what <_<

Pennine way

Redbourn road

AP2 7AZ

01442 259665

Me: 01923 234666

The dynamic indexing is another part of your cars evolution.... we will catch up on that in the future :(

Say what Mark ?????

Last moment or what <_<

Pennine way

Redbourn road

AP2 7AZ

01442 259665

The dynamic indexing is another part of your cars evolution.... we will catch up on that in the future :(

Tony not sure if thats the right address but all it coming up as is invalid or aberdean in scotland ?????

Say what Mark ?????

Last moment or what <_<

Pennine way

Redbourn road

AP2 7AZ

01442 259665

Tony not sure if thats the right address but all it coming up as is invalid or aberdean in scotland ?????

http://www.kiplingmotoristcentres.com/serv...-hempstead.html

Thanks Tony

yeah the first one in the post code was H not A lolol was gettting worried for a min there :(

Re...bloody..leaf <_< I was worried for you then mate!!!! I thought everything had gone 'tits up' :D ... Seemingly not, as i said i should be passing the Kipling centre tomorrow and i intend to pop in and check on things.... but i will be a quick visit.. a sort of drive by hand shake :D ....... see you tomorrow

Thanks Tony

yeah the first one in the post code was H not A lolol was gettting worried for a min there :D

Re...bloody..leaf <_< I was worried for you then mate!!!! I thought everything had gone 'tits up' :lol: ... Seemingly not, as i said i should be passing the Kipling centre tomorrow and i intend to pop in and check on things.... but i will be a quick visit.. a sort of drive by hand shake :D ....... see you tomorrow

That'll be goood to meet the man who so many people have said great things about, im setting off shortly to go to TDI to get the coilovers :(

do you rekon going anti clock wise round the M25 from TDI to hemel or clock wise ??????

Thanks Tony

yeah the first one in the post code was H not A lolol was gettting worried for a min there :D

Re...bloody..leaf ;) I was worried for you then mate!!!! I thought everything had gone 'tits up' ;) ... Seemingly not, as i said i should be passing the Kipling centre tomorrow and i intend to pop in and check on things.... but i will be a quick visit.. a sort of drive by hand shake :D ....... see you tomorrow

That'll be goood to meet the man who so many people have said great things about, im setting off shortly to go to TDI to get the coilovers :)

do you rekon going anti clock wise round the M25 from TDI to hemel or clock wise ??????

anti clockwise :lol:

Yep went round the whole M25 yesterday ;) most bad

Left at 4.15 4.30 ish didnt get in till 7.45 crap the whole way home, the old M25 flash cameras were in full swing catching load of ppl coming towards us (i wasnt able to go quick enough even tho it was 40mph)

Back to the car, Tony the car feels great, a bit of a harsh ride but worth it as it rides the corners so well, body roll is minimal and can get the rear out easier if wanted :D

At work so need to get some photos up later on tonight

Back to the car, Tony the car feels great, a bit of a harsh ride but worth it as it rides the corners so well, body roll is minimal and can get the rear out easier if wanted ;)

Let it settle in for a while mate then you can optimise the damper settings to suit your preference. Ride height bias can be optimised too :D