A nervous moment

phipck

Im quite an intraverted person when it comes to my interests. One example is my photography, i always kept it to myself. Before joining this site i had never really shown anybody a photo i had taken. But joining in the chats on here and getting some very kind feedback and from a couple of friends, i finally got my self together and have started collecting some together on Flicker.

so if your interested, please drop by from time to time and see how im progessing on from your encouragment

http://www.flickr.com/photos/17659615@N02

thank you both, whats there is some of the ones i like so hopefuly what i see or feel when i take them can come through.

I think Sagitar is probably the greatest example i know of somone who understands the vast scope photography covers. Modest in his photography dispite its calibre because he appreciates how much further there is still to go. Im still only at the crawling stage, i think its going to be a long time before i can walk!

Some really nice photos there mate, don't be afraid to share :lol:

I especially like this one below, I love angles that don't seem natural, I'm really drawn to them. I haven't taken any of castles or landmarks yet but will have to give it ago.

5081923319_61981bee69_z.jpg

its funny you say that, because when thumbing through my photos i find the better ones have either strong perspective angles, triangles or straight partitions like "the wye" which was mentioned earlier.

ive started to find myself deliberatly taking photos of things that i see these attributes in, more and more. but strangely its how i actually see things, angles catch my attention or little things that people forget, but when they see it in a photo it rebuilds the moment for them.

strange what we see in images!

Strange you should mention "seeing angles" because that is an actual medical condition...... How do i know that? because i was diagnosed with this condition years ago.

It's not really a condition more an ability, some people can smell colors or taste sounds, i can perceive a 3d image in my mind from numbers, obviously i thought everyone could do this until i was told it's an unusual ability :whistle:

thats awsome, i know exactly what you mean! Although i would say mine is a little different from yours. I use to get told i was easily distracted as a child, but as ive got older i find it was more a case of not seeing the world quite the same way as my peers. I couldnt help but touch textures or move a couple of steps so that i could see shapes aligning, i always "felt" the lines in the things i saw. Now im older, i can feel the textures in images i see and take a lot of photos of the shapes and textures that make me feel differently. Most people think its strange, but can kind of understand. Just a different perspective on the world i guess!

Very much so..... I'm sure we all have some form of individual attribute but it's not until you realize others don't have the same as you that you can fully exploit your ability.

Look at me... I was poorly educated, bearly able to spell and crap at maths, and yet i was able to see 3D images from numbers? X, Y, Z, from a paper of figures, i can see the angles.

I used to think those claiming oddities like smelling colors as tossers looking for fame, until i found other humans don't have the same image of 3D perception as me? At this point i had to think it's "unusual" and from this i began wim.