New Fuels Technologies

I was interested to learn that Lotus Engineering has created a supercharged Exige producing 264hp on Bioethanol (a combination of 85% ethanol and 15% petrol) which apparently has a RON rating of 106.

They reckon that there is a 70% reduction in CO2 impact (calcalated on well to wheels basis).

I am heartened to see investment in new fuel technolgies as this is probably the only hope for future generations.

I was interested to learn that Lotus Engineering has created a supercharged Exige producing 264hp on Bioethanol (a combination of 85% ethanol and 15% petrol) which apparently has a RON rating of 106.

They reckon that there is a 70% reduction in CO2 impact (calcalated on well to wheels basis).

I am heartened to see investment in new fuel technolgies as this is probably the only hope for future generations.

Not being a chemist i am ignorant but Ethanol and Petrol have been around for a long time so it's curious this combination has not been found before.... Maybe the market would not support the price until fuel reserves are depleted and petrol prices increase out of control.

Im thinking of running a diesel on chip fat after watching 5th Gear.....thats the way forward :D

And can you believe that the Government still charge you a duty on it :(

...and no doubt if you took it to the local government 'recycling facility', otherwise known as 'the tip' they'd charge you a disposal fee :(