Bank holiday photos

Rich

Cheers, I love the swan one as well with the water :D

Some of my photos that I wanted to show were not in focus, unfortunately. I was messing with the focus settings so I think the camera refocused on a different area after I had originally focus on the chosen subject. Never mind, live and learn!

I was messing with the focus settings so I think the camera refocused on a different area after I had originally focus on the chosen subject.

If you were holding the trigger down and that happened switch focus modes:

AF-C: Continuous autofocus (will refocus, great for moving targets)

AF-S: Static autofocus (once you lock on it will stay there)

AF-A: Automatically decides whether the subject is moving or not (I don't generally use this)

Apologies if I'm telling you what you already know though :lol:

I was messing with the focus settings so I think the camera refocused on a different area after I had originally focus on the chosen subject.

If you were holding the trigger down and that happened switch focus modes:

AF-C: Continuous autofocus (will refocus, great for moving targets)

AF-S: Static autofocus (once you lock on it will stay there)

AF-A: Automatically decides whether the subject is moving or not (I don't generally use this)

Apologies if I'm telling you what you already know though :lol:

That's if you have the shutter set to focus when half pressed, I have changed it so the back button is used for focusing instead. When you press the back button it locks the focus unless you zoom again or move to a different subject. I don't think this was the problem though as I was also changing the area modes between single, dynamic, auto and 3D (11 point). I was messing around to see what results I get but obviously a few of my photos are now out of focus.

After doing some reading I'm going to leave the camera in AF-A as this is suppose to be very good anyway, rather than switch between S and C. I'll then just play about with the area modes. I'm not that bothered about the photos that were out of focus as it wasn't a special event or anything B)

Cool, usually have mine on AF-S, does the AF-A work quite well then? Might try that for a while :lol:

Btw, which one's the back button?

As I'm still new to all this I've not really used it in AF-A, I've used S for static shots and any with movement I use C. I think I might be over-complicating things for myself, one step at a time might be a better idea.

The back button on mine I think says AE-L/AF-L (Auto Exposure/Auto Focus-Lock). I think I might change it back as I might be half pressing the shutter without realising and adjusting the exposure just before I take the shot. I need to read abit more on how best to set these.

The back button on mine I think says AE-L/AF-L (Auto Exposure/Auto Focus-Lock). I think I might change it back as I might be half pressing the shutter without realising and adjusting the exposure just before I take the shot. I need to read abit more on how best to set these.

Oh yeah I do have that button, although I must admit I still have no idea what it does :lol:

Oh yeah I do have that button, although I must admit I still have no idea what it does :o

:smile_anim: How long have you had yours? B)

This page may help you :D