306 Variables

Steve-O

Hi Tone

Whats adjustable on a 306? Our diesel workhorse feels pretty out of whack, its stable in a straight line at speed, but the steering is quite heavy and under cornering its got a quite strong urge to straighten up - you have to fight it to turn in.

Theres also a wobble on the wheel at speed, but if the wheels are balanced what else it could be ? Poor tyre fitment? Admittedly they are intentionally cheapo rubber so maybe thats part of the cause...

Would i be right in thinking that an excessive caster value may be part of the problem here for the turn-in?

I had a coil snap on the car and once on the ramps it was discovered the right lower arm bushes were fubar'd - so a new lower arm was fitted. Sounds plausible that other bushes are on their way out...

Tyres were rotated and the problem remained. No flatspots etc as far as i am aware... The tyres are naff to be fair but its a daily s****er to burn up and down the motorway, car rarely gets driven to any kind of limit.

The shocks themselves may be 4 years old or so and are not the originals... Can you replace the top mounts only?

I am in a quandry as to whether to throw any more money at it and sort it out to be honest....