Changing inner CV boot

Oh well i'll have to set her again then weld the poxy adjusters in place.

It was ok until I started working on the car...nothing else should need doing for a while now! :lol:

You know why it's changed, you've had the car jacked and turned the steering with the wheel off the ground.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I did both boots today, again! :whistle: Took the clip off the end of the first driveshaft ok and removed the top part but the other side wouldn't budge for some reason. I managed to stretch the boot over the end though as these weren't the stretchy type.

Do you think allparts will refund me for the other boots? I bought them 4 weeks ago and they are covered in grease, which I will obviously clean and I still have the bags they came in. I have a feeling they will say it's down to me to check the parts are correct or say it's too late for a refund.

I also have a feeling that the cv joint on the drivers side is on it's way out. I don't have any clicking noises but the last couple of weeks the steering hasn't felt right a couple of times. It's when I turn on full lock, the car starts moving and then stops, just carries on straight ahead. I thought this might be the camber kit from where I've been pulling everything but checking the cv joint today it doesn't turn smoothly in one spot and keeps sticking.

After the last time, I'm sure you remember (!!!!), I don't fancy changing this myself!! :sad01_anim: I need to pop over Thursday to bring back the circlip pliers I borrowed and I'll see what you think, you can usually tell by the moving the wheels can't you?

Took the boots back today, I had only fitted 3 so took the sealed one and the other I cleaned up. They refunded me the cash there and then, even though I bought them a month ago. Probably due to it being their cockup though and obviously I took the invoice that charged me the most as the 2nd pair I got later in the day were cheaper!