Horror of the week 04/05/10

Tony

Team Green where at Silverstone in the first Drift event of the year, seemingly the new track layout has something of a flaw.

As the guys Drifted over the rumble strips they "dug out" the soil eventually leaving quite a drop..... oh dear there's trouble ahead?

Team Green are fully sponsored this year with new chassis adjusters/ tyres/ wheels and other...... What do you think of the wheels

post-2-1273001607.jpg

Cost £150 each......

First Drift of the year, new track design, pants rumble strip=

post-2-1273001676.jpg

post-2-1273001689.jpg

post-2-1273001704.jpg

Destroyed rims, destroyed day..... Not a nice start.

The cars where dropping off the strip into the gully they had made, coming back caused the damage, and yes several cars had the same fate.

So shouldn't they compensate seeing that it's their error that's caused it?

No because all the drivers excepted the track/ conditions before racing.

Do they get to test/inspect it first then?

Well yes but not under race conditions, seemingly the track "fell away".

not good :o

i think the track owners need to sort the track out or they will loose the drifting fraternity

what track was it ?

wheels look nice :huh: who is supplying them ?

and what sizes do they come in :lol:

Tentatively i would say it's the new track layout at Silverstone, reason i say tentatively is i had several cars on track last weekend and my only real concern is results rather than where. Obviously the "where" comes into the calibration but that could have been weeks ago. I can find out what make of wheel but Team Green are at the wim meet Sunday so you can ask yourself.

Tentatively i would say it's the new track layout at Silverstone, reason i say tentatively is i had several cars on track last weekend and my only real concern is results rather than where. Obviously the "where" comes into the calibration but that could have been weeks ago. I can find out what make of wheel but Team Green are at the wim meet Sunday so you can ask yourself.

look forward to meeting them :lol:

look forward to meeting them :D

All three cars on site and the two timed attack rwd winners from last year, and a V8 RX7 and the Hornet, and others?