New Wheels

e4tnu

Hi has anyone had any experience with Enkei wheels I have been looking at the RPF1’s they seem to be the lightest around that would be ok for regular road use. Also I am thinking about changing the front and rear sway bars for something stiffer but lighter and I suppose the drop links as well being as I have a MX5 and they can be a bit prone to frailer.

Any advice would be really welcome.

e4tnu :lol:

Personally i've never heard of them but i'm not exactly in the wheel arena...... They look great

post-2-1265746740.jpg

What weight saving will you get?

Currently I am on the original 5 spoke 16x6.5 which weigh about 15lbs apparently the 16x7 enkei’s are 13.7 lb and the 17x7 are 14.6 so if I was to tie the 16’s with a lighter tyre than a yoko advan then there should be a small reduction in each corner.

+10mm then...... I'm going to have to tilt the front camber negative to get the scrub radius back, but this is not end of days.

So that would be on the 17x7 's ?

Same as the 16" off-set, diametre is beside the point.

+10mm then...... I'm going to have to tilt the front camber negative to get the scrub radius back, but this is not end of days.

So do you think it would be to severe to use wheels with those sort of offsets?

No, i can track to contact patch position and compensate.... Reads far more complicated than needs be, but 10mm will be fine.

No, i can track to contact patch position and compensate.... Reads far more complicated than needs be, but 10mm will be fine.

Wow tell you what mate that sounds BRILL.. looks like i just need to put in a bit more O/T at work and happy days .

That and waiting for them to be shipped over from somewhere in the states.

Go for it :unsure:

So when i do get them it will be a trip down to yourself and get the adjustments done.Just had a thought if i bring the wheels down will you be able to supply and fit appropriate tyres and some of your adjustable drop-links at the same time?

• 3 weeks later...
Go for it :blink:

Another question about wheel off-set my current rim size is 16x6.5 off-set 55 I am looking at changing them to 16x7 off-set 43. I think this means that it would give 6mm more inner clearance and extend out another 18mm. Is this ok or do I need to keep to off-set 45 and above.

:o

Go for it :smile_anim:

Another question about wheel off-set my current rim size is 16x6.5 off-set 55 I am looking at changing them to 16x7 off-set 43. I think this means that it would give 6mm more inner clearance and extend out another 18mm. Is this ok or do I need to keep to off-set 45 and above.

:mellow:

A few mm +- is not a problem assuming clearance issues are ok.

Go for it :D

:mellow:

A few mm +- is not a problem assuming clearance issues are ok.

Thanks Tony. its going to have to be et 45 or above to give the brakes clearance know anyway but i still will be able to shave some weight off the unsprung side of things.

:lol:

That’s a deffo , they should be here by Thursday’ ish but going to wait to put them on till i get the ARB’s upgraded and some of WIMS droplinks plus I think the camber is going to need sorting.

:lol: