IS250

Tango

Tony,

In the process of changing the wheels and springs on my second generation Lexus IS, and would appreciate your advice on the possible consequences, if any, and whether you would advise any geometry changes to the standard set up.

Changes are 19x8.5 Front 19x9.5 Rear (standard is 17x7.5 & 17x8.5 on the SE-L, or 18" optional dia with same widths)

Tyre sizes Front 235/35/19 Rear 275/30/19

Suspension mod is Eibach Pro Kit spring replacements for the 250, which gives a drop of 1.4" at the front, 1" at the rear.

The geomtery would defo need doing again ....... not that I'm an expert, but this is usually the case for all cars that are dropped, and or the wheels are changed in size !

I'm sure Tony will be along soon ............ :lol:

the offsets of the new wheels will be a deciding factor on a good fitment, i presume its uncharted territory presently, might be worth a trip to is300.net to get some clarification,

Offsets are +38mm on the fronts, +42mm on the rears.

Tony,

In the process of changing the wheels and springs on my second generation Lexus IS, and would appreciate your advice on the possible consequences, if any, and whether you would advise any geometry changes to the standard set up.

Changes are 19x8.5 Front 19x9.5 Rear (standard is 17x7.5 & 17x8.5 on the SE-L, or 18" optional dia with same widths)

Suspension mod is Eibach Pro Kit spring replacements for the 250, which gives a drop of 1.4" at the front, 1" at the rear.

Well the rolling radius front and rear is incorrect, with 235/35 front aspect then the rear should be 255/30 aspect. Next i would need to know your intentions for the drive.... road, race, display?

:lol: are the original offsets not the usual lexus 45mm ?

I know what the slacker is up to :D

They'll be fine at the front but you'll need a 15mm spacer at the back for any real effect

cant say i know what tango is up to

but rubbage comes to mind :)

i have read about having to use 225 tyres on the front to prevent rub

Tony,

Well the rolling radius front and rear is incorrect, with 235/35 front aspect then the rear should be 255/30 aspect. Next i would need to know your intentions for the drive.... road, race, display?

i think the is250 has a different aspect from front to rear as standard :)

;) are the original offsets not the usual lexus 45mm ?

They'll be fine at the front but you'll need a 15mm spacer at the back for any real effect

but rubbage comes to mind :o

Tony,

i think the is250 has a different aspect from front to rear as standard :o

Oooops i was reading this as the wrong model :rolleyes:

;) are the original offsets not the usual lexus 45mm ?

but rubbage comes to mind :o

Tony,

i think the is250 has a different aspect from front to rear as standard :o

Oooops i was reading this as the wrong model :rolleyes:

Less of the slacker Michael or I'll pull my finger out of this Prudhoe Bay Pipe... :D

Bazza you're correct the fronts need to be 225/35/19

Wasn't planning on a spacer with the 19x9.5's

Tony ...it's a road car, just wanted to go bigger than the optional 18" and it'll look a little silly if I don't drop it a bit.

...and by my reckoning you'd have to be somewhere between Australia and New Zealand. Soloman Islands??? You should be so lucky :o

I have a fast car ;)

So will you be recommending a geometry change? You know I'll be on your doorstep if that's the case :rolleyes:

...and by my reckoning you'd have to be somewhere between Australia and New Zealand. Soloman Islands??? You should be so lucky :o

I have a fast car ;)

So will you be recommending a geometry change? You know I'll be on your doorstep if that's the case :rolleyes:

Since this a new model then i recommend the Geometry is imaged anyway so any future wear has a fingerprint to calculate what angle is the criminal.

The new wheel/tyre combination will definitely need to be accounted for Geometrically, historically less Camber and toe. Exactly how much on the steer axis is hard to calculate in advance since there is no data for the SJI/KPI inclination, this can only be imaged at the time of the Geometry.

...and by my reckoning you'd have to be somewhere between Australia and New Zealand. Soloman Islands??? You should be so lucky :D

I have a fast car :D

So will you be recommending a geometry change? You know I'll be on your doorstep if that's the case :D

Since this a new model then i recommend the Geometry is imaged anyway so any future wear has a fingerprint to calculate what angle is the criminal.

The new wheel/tyre combination will definitely need to be accounted for Geometrically, historically less Camber and toe. Exactly how much on the steer axis is hard to calculate in advance since there is no data for the SJI/KPI inclination, this can only be imaged at the time of the Geometry.

Tony,

I'll call you to book the car in when the change has been completed. I may as well be the guinea pig.... :ph34r:

...and by my reckoning you'd have to be somewhere between Australia and New Zealand. Soloman Islands??? You should be so lucky :D

I have a fast car :D

So will you be recommending a geometry change? You know I'll be on your doorstep if that's the case :D

Tony,

I'll call you to book the car in when the change has been completed. I may as well be the guinea pig.... :ph34r:

Yes indeed.... It is gallant of you to be a Guinea pig but in reality this does control you own interests.... wim will learn by your example and monitor the results before they impact you financially if at all.... In summery we will capture a problem in advance of any possible loss.

Will look forward to it. Similar mods have already been done in the States on both the Lexus IS250 and Is350 models, but as far as I know, without any post fit geometry checks or monitoring.

Will look forward to it. Similar mods have already been done in the States on both the Lexus IS250 and Is350 models, but as far as I know, without any post fit geometry checks or monitoring.

Unique opportunity to take this by the horns then.

• 4 weeks later...

Tony,

Still waiting for the wheels...can we fit the springs at yours? What do you need in terms of original geometry data? Is it best to arrive with the new rims and tyres on the car or the original 17"?

Tony,

Still waiting for the wheels...can we fit the springs at yours? What do you need in terms of original geometry data? Is it best to arrive with the new rims and tyres on the car or the original 17"?

Yes i can fit the springs... never done a 250 so i would like the chance..... wheel size and the Geometry are a real issue, i need the complete package... and any factory data available, although i will add to this if we do intend to go ahead.