Fireworks

Rich

Nice pictures...... was there many people there this year?

Thanks...it was packed, they did the main display at 7.30pm but opens at 5.30pm for music and kids display but don't fancy standing in a cold dark field for that long! :rolleyes:

We used to park Watford end and it would take 40 minutes to get out there is that much traffic. Parked in Croxley this time, takes longer to walk there but no traffic on the way home :D

Those are really nice pictures, I assume you've got a pretty decent camera plus you know how to use it! (I have the camera but not the required skill yet :rolleyes: )

I have a Fuji S8000fd, so it's a bridge camera not a dslr, nothing that fancy - here's a link :D

I didn't have a clue what settings I should put it on in manual mode so used the preset feature then point n shoot basically. I suppose you need to get the timing right as well - more photos here :D

I have a Fuji S8000fd, so it's a bridge camera not a dslr, nothing that fancy - here's a link :D

I didn't have a clue what settings I should put it on in manual mode so used the preset feature then point n shoot basically. I suppose you need to get the timing right as well - more photos here :D

Those are great pics, I haven't actually tried taking photos of fireworks before, but imagine it's quite difficult as you need to get the right amount of blur vs. clarity.........and of course the timing!

I do have a dslr (a nikon d90) but still not particularly good at using it! Am slowly improving though......... :rolleyes:

I'm really impressed, some of the images looked really professional, i'm proud of you matey :rolleyes:

:D Thanks mate!

I have a Fuji S8000fd, so it's a bridge camera not a dslr, nothing that fancy - here's a link :)

I didn't have a clue what settings I should put it on in manual mode so used the preset feature then point n shoot basically. I suppose you need to get the timing right as well - more photos here :)

Those are great pics, I haven't actually tried taking photos of fireworks before, but imagine it's quite difficult as you need to get the right amount of blur vs. clarity.........and of course the timing!

I do have a dslr (a nikon d90) but still not particularly good at using it! Am slowly improving though......... :D

The D90 gets great reviews, not cheap either! The thing that puts me off a DSLR is the size, I don't think I could be bothered with carrying it around :D

I bought the Fuji as I wanted something that I could play about with but is also a point and shoot. I've not really had the time to play with manual mode so alot of photos at the moment are taken in auto mode. This is the first time I've taken photos of fireworks though with any camera so I'm really chuffed with how they've come out :)

The D90 gets great reviews, not cheap either! The thing that puts me off a DSLR is the size, I don't think I could be bothered with carrying it around :unsure:

I bought the Fuji as I wanted something that I could play about with but is also a point and shoot. I've not really had the time to play with manual mode so alot of photos at the moment are taken in auto mode. This is the first time I've taken photos of fireworks though with any camera so I'm really chuffed with how they've come out :)

Yeah I know what you mean, although it does produce stunning results so the size becomes less of an issue (although cameras like the D40 aren't particularly big though)

However I think you've proved with your pics that in the right hands the camera is less important :)