Wheel spacers pro's/con's?

Dan

Hey guys, i was thinking off adding some spacers to my Legacy so that the wheels would fill the arches better and give the car that more aggressive look. currently have 17 * 7.5 Rota Gra's with standard Bilstein shocks with Tein S tech -40mm lowering springs

dsc0270x.jpg

Is there any handling benefit to wheel spacers apart from the visual appearance? or any negative affect, was thinking of about 20mm all round

Downside is at the front if you move the cars projected weight outside of the steering pivotal point, this would result in random steering effects during the suspensions compression.

10mm is not end of days, 20mm is pushing it but in truth you should be fine plus if the front camber is adjustable then the projection can be reset. My biggest advice is to get hub-centric spacers, like these>

post-2-1255259696.jpg

You may get away with a small spacer ie; <5mm but that looks great as it is. Legacy is just about the only "modern" that I like.

Thanks for info lads, one of the lads of the Subaru club has 20mm spacers all round on his Forrester and what ever kit he has it came with longer studs. might try get a lend of them off him and see how they work with mine