steering wheel not straight

zetecdan

tony i have modified an aftermarket steering wheel and hub kit to fit to my car but the steering wheel slightly off of straight (very slightly off but just annoys me) when the wheels are pointing straight. is it possible to adjust this out with the tracking and not upsetting the geometry etc?

Yep the Alignment is all you need providing it's four wheel.

As Dan has no handling issues 4 wheel alignment will be ok as you can assume the rear is set correct, but he also has the camber/caster kit fitted. Wouldn't it be better to do a geometry to check these angles don't change when the toe is adjusted?

Dan, I take it the camber kit is still working ok on yours, handling and tyre wear both fine?

As Dan has no handling issues 4 wheel alignment will be ok as you can assume the rear is set correct, but he also has the camber/caster kit fitted. Wouldn't it be better to do a geometry to check these angles don't change when the toe is adjusted?

Dan, I take it the camber kit is still working ok on yours, handling and tyre wear both fine?

yeah got no issues, tyre wear is ok and no steering issues.

Since the full chassis has been measured in the past and deemed ok the small correction for the steering won't mess with the rest.