My S2k and the wet

S2IM

Hello chaps,

So for the second time since owning the car, I have had my second piece of rear wheel drive action that quite frankly shocked me. Slow speed rear end out, caught but only just.

Basically I need more grip, specifically in the wet. The OEM Bridgestone Pot RE050A's are now quite low on the rear and well scrubbed so probably could do with replacement as well within the next 1000 miles.

Options...

Revised Geo?

+

New Tyres

+ ?

Any simple mods to make the car more planted?

After a recent driver training day I have found the limits of the car and believe the car could vastly benefit from more grip somehow... but not sure how! Perhaps I am being optimistic coming from the STI but there must be a way.

Cheers

Welcome to the S2000!!

New tyres is a must if their that low, i can work the chassis but tyre wear will be an issue.

They have a few MM over the wear indicator so will be coming up for new ones soon but what can be done with the chassis? Will parts be needed? Missed my slot for the Geo a couple of weeks ago due to Honda having the car and turns out they done their Geo on it, not sure what was done or where they took it to get it done.

To be honest the car does behave normally but in the wet I would say it is suprising, especially at low speed.

Oh dear, better take it easy then mate with the wet weather coming :(

Your tyres didn't look that bad, only the outer edge that was worn.

I started the geometry vs driver thread based on what we were talking about the other night.

They are fairly scrubbed but not bad.

I think bringing it up would be the best bet and get the chassis checked over. When the diffs were being replaced I am guessing all suspension on the rear would have been off?

Just read that, quite interesting but as I said on the night its all done to experience. Andy has years of it in various cars and various drive forms (AWD, RWD, FWD) and still currently races at weekends. Watching his feet and hands when pulling the car straight was like e-honda from street fighter performing a "Hundred Hand Slap" :(

I started catching them in the end but this was dry weather. The car in the wet is another kettle of fish :s

They are fairly scrubbed but not bad.

I think bringing it up would be the best bet and get the chassis checked over. When the diffs were being replaced I am guessing all suspension on the rear would have been off?

Just read that, quite interesting but as I said on the night its all done to experience. Andy has years of it in various cars and various drive forms (AWD, RWD, FWD) and still currently races at weekends. Watching his feet and hands when pulling the car straight was like e-honda from street fighter performing a "Hundred Hand Slap" :(

I started catching them in the end but this was dry weather. The car in the wet is another kettle of fish :s

That is exactly what the chassis frequency and human frequency means..... How hard is the car to drive and how well is the human able to drive it?.... The S2000 has a high frequency so particularly hard to drive.

If we are lucky i can downgrade the chassis so that you the driver has more chance to read the handling and hopefully control it.