Nothing wrong..... are they blind!

This A3 was involved in an accident... and repaired. The owner was suspicious at the way the front wheels looked so he took it for a Geometry and as the title says he was told it was all ok?

post-2-1241639923.jpg

post-2-1241640025.jpg

I think even the most poorly sighted person would agree there's something wrong with those camber angles!!

As it transpires the new front wishbones are the wrong ones and to long :blink:

More proof of incompetence and of garages having geo equipment but not the knowledge to use/act on what it's telling them! :blink:

Were they genuine wishbones then for the same car but maybe an older/newer model?

More proof of incompetence and of garages having geo equipment but not the knowledge to use/act on what it's telling them! :blink:

Were they genuine wishbones then for the same car but maybe an older/newer model?

On their screen it must have been as red as our's .... why say nothings wrong when their not responsible? or could it be the case they were out of their depth diagnosing the reason?

On their screen it must have been as red as our's .... why say nothings wrong when their not responsible? or could it be the case they were out of their depth diagnosing the reason?

I feel the later, after all they could've had the work replacing the wishbones instead.

I feel the later, after all they could've had the work replacing the wishbones instead.

Agreed..... I don't understand it, needless to say the owner is well miffed!!

not so much "planted" as "6 feet under" ? lulz

can't quite recall offhand but I think the A3 has a target/published sai too ? how was that ?

I didn't even bother to look.... once the camber positions where established there was no point continuing.

alot of cross-castor there Tony. Wonder if the subframe has moved ?

It had but this wouldn't explain the severe camber..... I spoke to the mechanic that did the repair and i asked him if he was aware there's three different suspension types for this car?..... He wasn't so it's very likely the new wishbones are wrong :blink: