Fiesta rear camber - fixed?

j_mchattie

Hello WIM - saw you on the Mondeo forum.

My Fiesta 2003 is wearing the inner shoulders of the rear tyres - both an equal amount.

I have had a look and cant see any way changing the camber - kwikfit agree.

I guess there might be a shim or something to place behind the drum - has anyone got any suggestions?

The tyres are approaching minimum depth on the inner shoulders but have been barely touched on the outer shoulders.

Thanks

No, unless it was a standard thing. Its a fiesta black which was a special edition with wider and bigger tyres - i dont think it was lowered. I imagine the car could have been overloaded at some point but Im an engineer and it would take a massive load to bend that beam or stub axles.

What size are the wheels/tyres compared to the normal size? Maybe they're a different offset or it's just cos they're wider.

That's what i'm thinking now.... although it's odd only the rear would be effected.

In reply to the question yes there is a method to adjust the rear by using shims, we can do this but it's not cheap.

The normal tyres are 185/65 - but the Black has 195/50

Shims? Could you tell me roughly how much this costs please? Tyres are around £120 per pair so it might be worth it.

Thanks

Depends if you on drums or discs but it's around £180+ vat....... I would suggest an image of the chassis at £30+ a more viable option and then some "looking outside of the box" more palatable. There's clearly something wrong with your car or we would be inundated with blacks and we're not.