RX7 Drifty

Tony

This animal

post-2-1236283313.jpg

post-2-1236283332.jpg

I have taken on as a sponsored chassis.... In truth i'm full up with Drifty's but the RX7 is a particular challenge due to it's design stability?

This particular car i set last week ready for it's BDC licence, unfortunately soon after the calibration the handling collapsed :huh: meaning it failed to gain it's licence..... The owners investigation into the dire handling proved one of the retaining bolts holding the upper rear wishbone on "fell out" :huh:

This car is also sponsored by a "bushing" developer who my have issue with the new product?...... nevertheless this drifty was re-calibrated by me today ready for the next licence :huh:

Looks like a beast B) How did the bolt fall out...old one reused or wasn't torqued properly?

We didn't touch the bolt in question but it was a terminal failure.... Exactly how this evolved i don't know, needless to say the bolts in question are under scrutiny.

I think there was quick picture of this in the re-opening of Rottechnics (IIRC) in Japanes Performance ?

Yep, that's the one :) .... I originally calibrated this car late last year after another company set it so bad it had an "off" on the parade lap... Since i set the chassis other winter work has been done and it was back to be re-calibrated and slightly advanced :)

I think there was quick picture of this in the re-opening of Rottechnics (IIRC) in Japanes Performance ?

Yep, that's the one :D .... I originally calibrated this car late last year after another company set it so bad it had an "off" on the parade lap... Since i set the chassis other winter work has been done and it was back to be re-calibrated and slightly advanced :D

Ooops.... actually this wasn't the one that had the off........ Don't blame me they all look the same to me :angry2: anyhoo i have some great images of this car drifting..... I will post them tomorrow.