Wobble in the rear

gavchard

I'm going to explain exactly what i've done to my car. Recently had a new rear subframe fitted, and since then the car had developed a wobble at the rear end. I'd feel it when turning corners and not so much in a straight line. Took the car to have a "geometry" done, but watching them it looked more like a 4 wheel alignment. Car no longer wobbles when turning but does in a straight line, it feels like i'm towing a caravan that is fish tailing. This only happens at like 50mph and above, but only when the road dipps or if i hit a bump. When i drive with the window down a can hear alot of creaking and when driving over speed bumps i get a clunk as the back end drops. :o

This saga has gone on long enough, can someone please help! :) :) :)

Hello, welcome to wim :)

Three things i suspect regarding your car.....

1: The trailing arms have been tightened with the wheels off the ground.. this will pre-load the bushing

2: I don't like the OSR toe adjuster cam being upside down

3: Is the Geometry correct.

Have not had a geometry done yet. What do you mean about the trailing arms being tightend with the wheels off the ground, could i just loosen them and re tighten them up while the wheels are on the ground.

Thinking about it the garage may have fitted the subframe without my wheels on, cause maybe???

When I suggested you visit www.alignmycar.co.uk on MEG, you said you've already tried your nearest garage listed on there and it's no better. All those garages do geometry though, did you get a printout?

No didn't get a print out, but i watched them do it. And it looked to be a 4 wheel alignment 15-20 min work. How long would a geometry take?

Anyway it's going into Ford's tomorrow, hopefully it will come out like new and hopefully they won't bankrupt me!

Doesn't say much for alignmycar if a listed company sold a tracking to a car displaying distressed rear geometry......or am I being cynical ?

No i agree.... Problem i have is although they have the machine can they use it?..... It's the best i can do to help those in distress.

Doesn't say much for alignmycar if a listed company sold a tracking to a car displaying distressed rear geometry......or am I being cynical ?

...Problem i have is although they have the machine can they use it?.....

Well I know all about that... :D

...Problem i have is although they have the machine can they use it?.....

Well I know all about that... :D

I wouldn't have any problems recommending wim customers to you... I feel you would deal with them or call if there's any problems.

Nothing underhand or anything>.> I just feel they charge too much to get the initial picture but not enough for adjustments meaning the only real incentive is the dilligance of the user.

More so if it's an unresolveable situation; which is plenty common when the company steers clear of the aftermarket.

lol thread hijacked.

Nothing underhand or anything>.> I just feel they charge too much to get the initial picture but not enough for adjustments meaning the only real incentive is the dilligance of the user.

More so if it's an unresolveable situation; which is plenty common when the company steers clear of the aftermarket.

lol thread hijacked.

Yeah CamInHead can you keep this on topic :D

They had the "Hunter" machine there, displays green and red bars, plus and negative degrees etc, but seemed to take them no time at all.

The measurements has two options "primary" or "primary and secondary", the later takes longer but holds the most information, in particular with a complaint like yours.

They had the "Hunter" machine there, displays green and red bars, plus and negative degrees etc, but seemed to take them no time at all.

The measurements has two options "primary" or "primary and secondary", the later takes longer but holds the most information, in particular with a complaint like yours.

So regardless of which option is chosen it's still a geometry and you should get a report?

Sounds like they don't know what they're doing then! What garage did you use out of interest?

lol thread hijacked.

Yeah CamInHead can you keep this on topic :lol:

Yeah moderators round here are terrible.... :huh:

I went to ETB in Cardiff, Penarth Road. But just got it back from Ford's and it's spot on, £52 for resetting the subframe and geometry.

Is everything ok now then :lol:

Did you get a report then? I'd take it back to the other garage and ask for a refund.

Just looked at their website and it says they use the Gorghi vehicle test systems, although I think that should be Corghi?

http://www.etbtyres.co.uk/

Edit

There's another thread in MEG named jumping...totalguy also used a garage in Penarth Road, Cardiff...I'm guessing it's the same one as he found it on www.alignmycar.co.uk

Tony, do you know if you can report bad experiences to them as this sounds like a garage to avoid!! :lol: