Mark@ wim and the Hornet

Tony

The Hornet is a MX5 club track car wim sponsors, tomorrow the car has a track day with "Mazda-on-track", i was invited to run the car on track and although tempted i thought it would be nice to let one of the wim team to go.

I can't remember if i gave mark (who's 6ft tall) all the details?...... Now let me see.... It's early December (cold), it's an all day event (you stay cold), the MX5 is a small roadster so it's roof will be down (wind in the face) ..... Oh and it might rain.

I might turn the heating down in the centre tomorrow as a sign of respect :huh:

You missed a good day Tony.

Didn't rain (Much), saw the sun peeping through the clouds.

As for the cold, 5's have belting heaters. Only things that would have gotten cold were the hands, but I had gloves to cover that eventuality!

First time at Brands, great little circuit, very different to the airfield days I've done before.

Anyway, the Hornet, behaved impeccably. Left the suspension on the fast road/track settings, Hornet was well balanced, good turn in and very communicative.

Mark and I covered 248km on track today. I'll let Mark do the full write up, as I believe he has been tasked by Tony!

h

This early action shot shows Mark was keen to "get going"...

post-2-1228513783_thumb.jpg

Loads more images to come.....

Tonight while things were fresh in Marks head we had a team meet to analise the handling package and to my surprise Mark says it's a done deal.... The handling was spot on as was the GAZ coilovers/ damper ratios.

I'm chuffed :huh: .... As you know i advanced the chassis calibration to "full race" to compliment the GAZ coilovers fully expecting the need to tune the chassis but seemingly not.

Mark said this was one of the best days out he's had in a long time, so thanks for the invitation and i hope many more to come.

More to follow once i have the cd...... Here's the Hornet having her blood pressure checked

post-2-1228591843_thumb.jpg

And here's one of the Honda's who's day wasn't quite as pleasant

post-2-1228591962_thumb.jpg

The driver was this years Time Attack champion and he borrowed the car :D ... oh dear.