How the mighty fall

Tony

We had a car in from a high marque dealer today, i won't say what model other than is over 80k. Anyway the car had been involved in an accident and needed a repair to the NSR, when the bodyshop had finished it then went to their service department for a Geometry calibration.

After this was done the road test showed the handling was pants, so they calibrated the car again, only to find the rear settings had moved? so once reset the car was test driven and again it drove pants..... So thinking it was the machine they had the manufacture come test the machine and he set the car..... It handled pants again, so in desperation they bought the car to us.

Once on the ramp i said to their top technician "before i measure the chassis do you want to go back and put the rear anti-roll-bar back on" :D

LMAO...shame you don't have a live webcam, could've captured the moment! :D Must've felt like a right pratt! :)

Do any of these people who get the mick taken out of them actually view the forum? :D

Not sure, that's why i didn't say the marque :)

LMAO...shame you don't have a live webcam, could've captured the moment! :D Must've felt like a right pratt! :)

Do any of these people who get the mick taken out of them actually view the forum? :D

Not sure, that's why i didn't say the marque :)

Probably the best thing to do, gives them anonymity and protects you :)

You can tell me when I next pop round! :)

LMAO...shame you don't have a live webcam, could've captured the moment! :) Must've felt like a right pratt! :D

Do any of these people who get the mick taken out of them actually view the forum? :)

Not sure, that's why i didn't say the marque :D

Probably the best thing to do, gives them anonymity and protects you :)

You can tell me when I next pop round! :)

Will do :)

ARBs are overrated anyway, think of the lift off oversteer!!

It's kind of important to have them if there an integral part of the design though :rolleyes:

It might be safer and more predictable to have them but where's the fun, have you forgotten what the MR2 was like :whistle:

ARBs are overrated anyway, think of the lift off oversteer!!

It's kind of important to have them if there an integral part of the design though :rolleyes:

It might be safer and more predictable to have them but where's the fun, have you forgotten what the MR2 was like :whistle:

No i'm still having therapy because of your MR2 :o ....... How is it nowadays anyway?

She's SORN at the moment as i need new coilovers and can't afford it due to having the motorbike! I miss her though, you'll be seeing me in the new year for sure :)

I finally did that road tyres vs track tyres review, not finished writing it up yet but you can see some of the data i gathered here: http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article/road-...yres-teaser.htm

She's SORN at the moment as i need new coilovers and can't afford it due to having the motorbike! I miss her though, you'll be seeing me in the new year for sure :)

I finally did that road tyres vs track tyres review, not finished writing it up yet but you can see some of the data i gathered here: http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article/road-...yres-teaser.htm

It would be good to get her on the new rig... things have changed big time over the last year as you can see.

www.tyrereviews.co.uk is looking very good :)