Big Thanks

jason

I would just like to give the guys at WIM a big thankyou. I took my race car down the other week to get the setup looked at, as i'd been plagued with handling problems for the last 3 races i'd been in. It was discovered I had 2' toe out n/s/r and 24' toe in o/s/f :angry: , also i had to much negative camber for the caster I was running and not enough suspension travel before hitting the bumpstop - the only way to fix the camber was raise the suspension..

I managed to get both rear wheels toeing in to about 15' using a trackrite. i suppose I had better mention this is a metro with a vvc engine, to raise the front i had to fit washers to raise the front suspension, as it uses hydragas at the moment, after raising it i set the tracking to parallel.

Anyway after all this work and advise, I took the car out testing on the international circuit silverstone on friday. Brand new a048's made it interesting in the greasy conditions with 3 spins at Brooklands. On Saturday, i was racing in the Birkett 6 hour relay. The car behaved impecably with only a spin on my second lap at copse - cold tyres. The car handled a dream and i just pushed it harder and harder, with a 1.45 lap time as my fastest before i got pulled in.

Our team RAFMSA Team Help for Heroes won the race, and i don't think we would have, without the advice, after checking geometry out.

:angry:

jason

Fantasic report, thanks Jason... I'm chuffed as nuts the "RAFMSA Team Help for Heroes" won the overall.

I think you will agree a complete image of the chassis, even in areas that are not adjustable can help produce a better car, if only to explain some handling traits.

Oh and thanks for your help with my pc, the software was irretrievable so i had it shot in the end :angry:

Fantasic report, thanks Jason... I'm chuffed as nuts the "RAFMSA Team Help for Heroes" won the overall.

I think you will agree a complete image of the chassis, even in areas that are not adjustable can help produce a better car, if only to explain some handling traits.

Oh and thanks for your help with my pc, the software was irretrievable so i had it shot in the end :angry:

cheers tony, i will be back with the car next year with adjustable camber on the front and adjustable rear toe and camber running coilovers.

i did have a camera on board, which i set up in the morning. then it decided to reset itself so the image out of the windscreen is over exposed. i had a little spin on the first lap - cold tyres :angry:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Nkg_pZXjNcQ

Having the chassis adjustable opens so many windows as i'm sure you are aware, i do get frustrated when the chassis is locked.

Nevertheless fair play to you and the team for such a result..... you must be well chuffed!!

what was the outcome? did they come and reinstall it again and insist it was microsofts fault again and not theirs?

It's all here> http://www.wheels-inmotion.co.uk/forum/ind...ic=3492&hl= lock, stock and if they don't get my customer data bank back, "two smoking barrels".