A warning from Toyo.... R888's

Tony

Taken from www.tyrereviews.co.uk

We might be a little late off the mark with this as it was published on November 15th 2007 however we thought it was interesting enough to warrant inclusion.

Toyo Tyre USA have felt the need to put out an official customer advisory (TSD-07-001) warning that the R888, R1R and RA1 type rubber may experience cracking when operated in conditions at or below 0c (32f)

They go on to list 'best practice' for temperatures at or below freezing which worryingly includes "Do not operate the car with these tyres, as the tyres may suddenly fail."

News to all us track day enthusiasts I'm sure. We have emailed Toyo Europe to try and get an official comment.

More information can be found here> http://marktg.toyotires.com/file/TireStorage.pdf

• 1 month later...

Covered this a while back, very odd.

Tony, can't PM you as i've 110 messages out of the 15 allowed and it will take ages to delete them all (!!)

Need 2 new tyres for 165/60/14, currently got goodyears on but anything asymmetric will do. What you got in stock at a good price?

Tony, can't PM you as i've 110 messages out of the 15 allowed and it will take ages to delete them all (!!)

Need 2 new tyres for 165/60/14, currently got goodyears on but anything asymmetric will do. What you got in stock at a good price?

110 you are popular :) ..... I'll get some prices for you tomorrow mate.

Avon: ZV3 in stock @ £50inc

Mich: E3B need to order @ £62inc

It's from when I was a gold member I never used to delete them, now that's expired i'm back to the lower number of messages allowed!

Is that per side?

It's from when I was a gold member I never used to delete them, now that's expired i'm back to the lower number of messages allowed!

Is that per side?

Yep...... Fully fitted.