Monaro poly-bush installation

Tony

Just a few of the bits to start, like this http://www.monkfishperformance.co.uk/handlingpac1.html

Just about all the enthusiasts with Monaros fit this Road Response Pack. I wanted to get the baseline correct before the suspension itself gets evolved. I'm waiting on Derek at Absolutely Shocks for the suspension side of things, so I thought I'd keep the momentum up.

Oh, and one of these strut braces http://www.monkfishperformance.co.uk/strutbrace.html The car already has one, but the new one is adjustable. And the real reason is it looks better. Ok, you've got me, it's because it's gonna be easier to clean...

PS. Why don't I get the email notifications? I've ticked the box and never see them hit my mail server.

Very nice mate, that's going to handle brilliantly once you've finished :thumbsup_anim:

How are you trying to subscribe to the thread...if you go to options, choose track this topic and then check Immediate Email Notification it should work.

Very nice mate, that's going to handle brilliantly once you've finished :thumbsup_anim:

How are you trying to subscribe to the thread...if you go to options, choose track this topic and then check Immediate Email Notification it should work.

I hope it'll sharpen up a bit. Starting to think I'll stick on a quick rack later now...

I have tried to subscribe like that and then just switched on the option in the Control Panel. It says I am subscribed, so there must be another reason it doesn't email me.

post-1232-1214826476_thumb.jpg

I know other people have had problems before I was admin. I did test it a while ago and it worked ok for me :thumbsup_anim: Maybe unsubscribe and try again but if that don't work I think it's to do with the hosting.

Here's the kit

post-2-1214852892.jpg

First up was the tie-rod bushings

post-2-1214852953.jpg

The instructions were a funny joke?

post-2-1214853034.jpg

It clearly says the tapered side of the bushing faces front.... Logic and the bushing said otherwise

post-2-1214853150.jpg

post-2-1214853208.jpg

So we filed the instructions and opted for plane B.

Next up drop-links..... The extra, extra long thread, what's that all about?

post-2-1214853407.jpg

post-2-1214853490.jpg

Next the ARB..... NSF was nice and easy to get at

post-2-1214853573.jpg

The OSF was another story since it's under all this>

post-2-1214853629.jpg

Tony didn't swear........................ Much.

Last of all the top plates and strut brace

post-2-1214853775.jpg

I really enjoyed the install, mainly because i didn't do it :thumbsup_anim: .... Someone had to take the images.

I did do the Geometry though... The data i had to acquire online which was just as well since it looked like the front camber had a really small range?

With the downloaded data a video of the camber adjustment showed a small 8mm bolt (almost hidden) that locke's the cambers position, the UK cars don't have this.

I know other people have had problems before I was admin. I did test it a while ago and it worked ok for me :D Maybe unsubscribe and try again but if that don't work I think it's to do with the hosting.

I've tried this with no joy. I've got some SMTP filtering on my firewall, so I'll take off as a test.

I know other people have had problems before I was admin. I did test it a while ago and it worked ok for me :D Maybe unsubscribe and try again but if that don't work I think it's to do with the hosting.

I've tried this with no joy. I've got some SMTP filtering on my firewall, so I'll take off as a test.

I subscribed to the thread when you raised the issue and have received notifications for all new posts so it may well be your filters mate :D

I subscribed to the thread when you raised the issue and have received notifications for all new posts so it may well be your filters mate :D

Just back from WiM and no email with firewall rules off. Nothing in my logs either, so there were no attempts made to deliver mail. Might try another email addy.

Back on topic - The car is feeling great. Tony made a few adjustments today and it feels a lot more connected. Mark balanced up the wheels while I was there. Two of them are a bit out of true (ouch) but they are balanced up nicely now. Just need to find somewhere to cold press them and see if they can be salvaged.

They look nice mate, 18's? :D

Glad the car's handling well, shame about the wheels, can't Tony get them sort though?

BTW, I'm still getting the emails so not sure what's wrong then! :D