Newage Scoob STI setup

S2IM

Hi Guys,

Looking to sort out the handling on a 2002 STI Impreza (bug eye). Currently in standard form apart from 18" PFF7 replicas with Falken 452's.

Not looking to change the springs or shocks as the car generally handles well enough but I could do with a bit more grip and confidence pushing it into the bends.

Any suggestions, Struts, ARBS?

Cheers :D

I would say fast road Tony :D

Well the STI Impreza has some pretty impressive suspension from stock so to improve on this i would need an image of the chassis then some consultation with the owner how to advance it.

I would say fast road Tony ;)

Well the STI Impreza has some pretty impressive suspension from stock so to improve on this i would need an image of the chassis then some consultation with the owner how to advance it.

Hi Guys,

Its a daily driver for work and back plus a bit of fun at the weekends. The car has a tendancy for the back to kick out under pressure.

Whats involved in an "image"?

Cheers :lol:

Hi Guys,

Its a daily driver for work and back plus a bit of fun at the weekends. The car has a tendancy for the back to kick out under pressure.

Just measuring the chassis..... The car already has adjustable rear toe but you may need to have camber adjusters fitted.

Hi Guys,

Just measuring the chassis..... The car already has adjustable rear toe but you may need to have camber adjusters fitted.

Great ok. What sort of time/price would it be for a diagnosis? Whats your calendar like for bookings?

Cheers

Hi Guys,

Great ok. What sort of time/price would it be for a diagnosis? Whats your calendar like for bookings?

Cheers

Just an image of the chassis costs £30+ vat... If all the adjustments were made then £85+.. If you need rear camber adjusters i have them at the centre :)

Tony, how much are these adjusters...is it just a bolt?

Yep just the EZ cam bolt...... Box of two is about £30 and the fitting is around the same.

Tony, how much are these adjusters...is it just a bolt?

Yep just the EZ cam bolt...... Box of two is about £30 and the fitting is around the same.

Problem is until the chassis is measured we have no idea what's needed...... As far as we know the thrust angle is a degree off?

• 4 weeks later...

Sounds like mine when i first went to Tony.

The stock settings seem to make the scooby under-steer then over-steer, rather than doing just one consistently.

My 1 5 degree's all round sorted it out, then i remembered my wheel bearings needed doing, so i'll be back soo to have them re-adjusted..

Sounds like mine when i first went to Tony.

The stock settings seem to make the scooby under-steer then over-steer, rather than doing just one consistently.

My 1 5 degree's all round sorted it out, then i remembered my wheel bearings needed doing, so i'll be back soo to have them re-adjusted..

Excellent :mellow:

• 4 weeks later...
Booked in for Tuesday AM :)

Getting the brakes looked at as well. If it needs the camber adjusters will you have these in stock?

You won't be disappointed mate :D I'll be in bed though so won't be able to pop down.

What's up with your brakes? :P

Booked in for Tuesday AM :)

Getting the brakes looked at as well. If it needs the camber adjusters will you have these in stock?

You won't be disappointed mate :) I'll be in bed though so won't be able to pop down.

What's up with your brakes? :D

Weird vibration when slowing down from 60 and its completely sporadic. Doesnt do it all the time...if it was a warped disc it would be apparent constantly. Seems to only do it when the steering is to the left a bit.

Braking still works good but when pushed hard the front left always fights the ABS.

Manufacturer said to check how the pads were installed as they should be able to move in the caliper and also that they are free from any debris... could be something stuck. :P

Booked in for Tuesday AM :P

Depends on the diameter.... I have some in stock so we should be safe.

Great stuff. See you Tuesday!

I forgot to ask..... Is the calibration for the track or domestic tyre preservation?

I forgot to ask..... Is the calibration for the track or domestic tyre preservation?

It would be domestic, however I am looking at taking a few track days after august. Is there a good combination of both?

Booked in for Tuesday AM :D

It would be domestic, however I am looking at taking a few track days after august. Is there a good combination of both?

Indeed there is :P ... we will need to math the tyre wear though.