Panhard rod

Tony

Setting a Starlet next week for a wim member who also needs a Panhard rod fitted and set.... this i have never done, the member is aware if this fact so..... this weekend i will swat-up but it would help if anyone here has experience of the set-up of the Panhard.... Any doe's or dont's i need to be aware of?

depends in what context of the set up of a panhard rod

but it should be measured, before and after, and done with no weight on the rear wheels

i found a pretty good write up here

Panhard set up

Now that's top information wim style.... Thank You Mat!..... and it saved me hours on goooogle <_<

I'm going to be fitting the rod tomorrow along with four tyres then a full Geometry...... Plenty of pictures to follow B)

cool :D

hopefully will also get a report on what difference is felt

I'm going to be fitting the rod tomorrow along with four tyres then a full Geometry...... Plenty of pictures to follow B)

cool :D

hopefully will also get a report on what difference is felt

Oh yes.... And with all the help here and research i'm fully prepared for the job.... in fact looking forward to it! The performance is something i am very keen to measure as i'm sure so are you!

This was much more easier than i thought to fit.... Within 20min i had the I beam and the body set at exactly 21mm per side and level..... won't say no more for now since the evolution belongs to the owner.... ;)

• 2 weeks later...
tony

do you fit it ?

or should i ?

will book it in as soon as i get the clutch sorted :huh: and invent a job to visit nearby :rolleyes:

Let me do it.... i'm sure your car needs a fine tune anyway....... Fridays are always good!

tony

do you fit it ?

or should i ?

will book it in as soon as i get the clutch sorted :huh: and invent a job to visit nearby :rolleyes:

Let me do it.... i'm sure your car needs a fine tune anyway....... Fridays are always good!

cool will let you know :o

• 1 month later...
Bazza remember i mentioned the Primera Torsion Panhard System.... this is it :D

post-2-1154724981_thumb.jpg

I thought i would try loading the nsr and measure the displacement :D ..... there was none :D

nsr= 32mm

osr= 32mm

wow ! thats a bit of technology

i want one like that now, painted in pretty colour though :)

shows that they are doing something, these things tend to get dismissed, being on the back of a front wheel drive car, a lot of people are on the concept that the back just follows the front, :o

• 3 months later...
Bazza is this fitted now and do you feel any difference.

Any pics

yep has been fitted a while now

cornering feels tighter, with less skitish rear

certainly less tyre sqeal

not a great difference but a difference all the same

pics ...yep....just cant find them :(

I s'pose the real difference would be noticed on the track more than the rd.

In truth Scorp the value needs to be measured?... If the car is linked to the Geo then we 'pull down' the suspension then the actual displacement could be measured... from this an actual position could be born albeit track/ time or road, but the results would not compare to the static position bazza currently has..

From stock the rod is fixed in length.. If the car is lowered then corrections would be neccicary assuming the rod is compliant....What are your intentions with the car Scorp.... Drift is good :rolleyes: RWD (pah)... anything is possible....

Will the set up be different if you was to change the ride height of the car, how is it fixed on your car, Welded or bolted? and is it adjustable :o

These are on a Fiesta.....yum yum :rolleyes:

fiestaxr2009.jpg

fiestaxr2067.jpg

love the colour scheme :wub:

didnt know noddy drove a fiesta :lol:

Will the set up be different if you was to change the ride height of the car, how is it fixed on your car, Welded or bolted? and is it adjustable :o

These are on a Fiesta.....yum yum :rolleyes:

fiestaxr2009.jpg

fiestaxr2067.jpg

love the colour scheme :wub:

didnt know noddy drove a fiesta :lol:

Be fair, whoever set the car has done a clean job!... color compliant or not.

Them Ford boys are nuts,this is on a MK1 and used for show purposes and had a ground up restoration must of cost him thousands :thumbsup_anim:

Cant see the point in showing cars myself :thumbsup_anim:

Nor me but for whatever reason the display car holds my vote. I admire this sort of effort however anorak it is :thumbsup_anim: