4 Wheel Alignment - Bradford

Hi,

I replaced the front tyres on my 2006 Audi A4 last week and was fairly horrified to see the state of the drivers side tyre. The inside shoulder of the tyre had all but disappeared and the tyre was beginning to de-laminate. (I have photos of this but the add image function seems to not work for me). The fitter recommended I get the alignment/tracking looked at ASAP which I would like to do. I'm aware there's garages who offer 4 wheel alignment but actually do little that resembles this, so I'm looking for a recommendation of somewhere that can help me in the Keighley or Leeds/Bradford area.

Can anyone recommend someone who knows what they're doing and who won't fleece me?

Thanks,

Matt

Hi welcome to WIM :huh:

I know WIM approves 2 trusted centres up North, which are Drury Lane in Oldham and TDI North in Warrington if that's any help.

BTW, you can only add images if you are a paid member, otherwise you will have to use your own hosting or photobucket etc.

you can also try Gordon Tyres in Wakefield..they have a 4 wheel setup using cameras and price is only £40 odd....they use a John Bean aligner where the camera move up and down (this is the bit I'm wary off since this 'could' affect the numbers)...but if you want a proper setup i think Drury and TDI are the way...with the Fixed camera systems..but think it will be more expensive at Drury and TDI.

If you want a quick check then Gordon tyres do it free..

Thanks for the replies. I've found a local garage who use Bosch Optiflex and supply the before/after diagnostic report. Hopefully they will be able to sort it out for me.

Good stuff.... Keep us updated on how things go :rolleyes:

• 7 months later...
Hi,

I replaced the front tyres on my 2006 Audi A4 last week and was fairly horrified to see the state of the drivers side tyre. The inside shoulder of the tyre had all but disappeared and the tyre was beginning to de-laminate. (I have photos of this but the add image function seems to not work for me). The fitter recommended I get the alignment/tracking looked at ASAP which I would like to do. I'm aware there's garages who offer 4 wheel alignment but actually do little that resembles this, so I'm looking for a recommendation of somewhere that can help me in the Keighley or Leeds/Bradford area.

Can anyone recommend someone who knows what they're doing and who won't fleece me?

Thanks,

Matt

Hi

I am currently looking for a recommendation for the 4 wheel alignment myself for my A4. I also live in the same area as you and would like to know which local garage you used. The few places I have been to do not use the bosch apparatus and they charge £100. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Have you ever had any sucess moving the engine subframe to atain some Camber adjustment ? Pretty sure Hunter stated that as a possability.

Never fancies myself TBH.

Camber "optimization" what a pants idea.

Unless you buy the special tool then it's a wheels raised job and it can go tits up real fast.

Personally i think this was an after thought by Audi?.... well yes you can optimize the camber but what about the SAI that's now off-set?

Always annoying having to let Benz' go unadjusted because eccentric adjusters have to be retro fitted grrr!

And they claim the car is fully OEM adjustable.... methinks not.

If and when you come to fit the bolts "heads up" you only get +- 30' worth of adjustment.