Altezza Supercharged results

Went to Thor Racing yesterday to have my Power FC installed and mapped.

Very suprising results, she did 262hp at the rear wheels, around 310HP.

Thats using Stock internals and even more suprising stock fueling! Does lean out @ 7000rpm. Larger injectors i have weren't installed at the time, due to previous technical complications, but never the less, i'm very happy with the result.

The first Altezza over 300HP in the UK with stock intenals?

B)

BTW, Thor have Janspeeds wide body 50billion point roll cage Altezza race car.. and some half dozen 3S-GE motors, complete with there own developed pistons. rods. crank. for high or low comp design.. There going to do some very very cool stuff for the Altezza engine.... probably the UKs first 500rwhp+ engine i think is on the horizons.

There very very clued up people, can't recommend them enough, superb customer service top guys :)

Cheers.

Be gentle with me since i confess to being a complete engine numpty but what's an "FC?"

Apexi Power FC.

Its a complete standalone ECU replacement. Fantastic piece of kit, one of the must have mods for Altezza owners IMO B)

So i assume we are talking some form of mapping?....... I do struggle with this though... Is it the case the designers under-power the cars ECU then someone like Apexi offer a unlimited ECU?

Be gentle with me since i confess to being a complete engine numpty but what's an "FC?"

Apexi Power FC.

Its a complete standalone ECU replacement. Fantastic piece of kit, one of the must have mods for Altezza owners IMO B)

So i assume we are talking some form of mapping?....... I do struggle with this though... Is it the case the designers under-power the cars ECU then someone like Apexi offer a unlimited ECU?

No Tony, the car is supercharged, the stock ECU is not "mapped" for boost, sure the TDi will be along soon to explain it all.

p.s. Nice one Am must make it all worth the work mate.

Edited by MacRS200

To put it into the simplest terms engine management calibration is either correct or incorrect.

An ECU containing a general factory calibration meant for a naturally aspirated engine will be totally Incorrect for any engine with is running with elevated intake manifold pressure (boost)

The ability to control the calibration accurately is absolutely vital! infact it's so important that many racers and performance enthusiast's spend big money on increasingly complicated systems.

Thanks to Mac and Sam for clearing that up. Yes Noel. about time!

I'm loving it.

Car will be For Sale in next few weeks though, time to move on :(

Wow, selling it after everything you've been through? :o

Someone will be getting a very very nice car :o

May I ask what you fancy getting next?

Yes Mark, i've been wanting to change the car for a while now. But with car being complete its at its prime, so i'm happy to sell it.

I have shortlist of cars, but i won't be getting a toy for a while, will be concentrating my efforts around my business of car audio, so will be building a noisy beast next :(

But yes, its a very special car to me as i done majority of the work myself. Will be sad to see it go but happy it came out so well.

Yes Mark, i've been wanting to change the car for a while now. But with car being complete its at its prime, so i'm happy to sell it.

I have shortlist of cars, but i won't be getting a toy for a while, will be concentrating my efforts around my business of car audio, so will be building a noisy beast next :o

But yes, its a very special car to me as i done majority of the work myself. Will be sad to see it go but happy it came out so well.

Thanks

I hope all goes well for you :(