Car insurance asking for documents

Rich

I renewed the Accord insurance last month with more than. Tonight I got an email asking me to send a utility bill, copies of all named drivers photocard licenses and a copy of the DVLA record for both, plus the original copy of my proof of NCB. The last one will be difficult as it was emailed.

It's definitely a legit email as it says my name, policy number and comes from an rsagroup.com address. They include a check form and ask to post everything or email it. What a faff!

In 25 years of driving I have never been asked to do this but if I don't they'll cancel my insurance.

Anyone else had this?

47 minutes ago, Viking said:

Cancel and go elsewhere. You'll lose a month maybe, but I'd do it just out of spite.

I could but I pay for the year upfront so that means the hassle of getting a refund, searching for new quotes and cancelling the breakdown that was included. It's hassle either way but probably easier to give them the info. I won't be renewing though unless it was an exceptionally good price!

• 5 weeks later...