A sound that effected your life with a story...

Tony

To explain.... I'm 54 ( i think ) and during my life there has been many musical sounds, songs, tracks that impacted my life to the extent the memory even now offers a flashback to a time in my history... Not every song is pleasant in my later years but nevertheless some do remind me of fantastic times.

This track by UB40 was released when the then girlfriend and I had our first holiday together. We must have been 17, 18 yrs old at the time and we felt so grown up and with everything to live for... A really happy time and for two weeks we went like bunnies :P...Red red wine indeed.

I wonder how many newly weds had this music for their first married dance together?...... Our wedding 1986

IMG_0795.JPG.4d425523b0d8a5d7b9cb866b53da98c9.JPG

Our first dance to "Always and forever" wasn't quite true... Well not true in the "always" part.

• 1 month later...

Well it's taken a few years for me to just accept a little bit of reality and reach out....to myself.

FullSizeRender.jpg.f35163174777488e76f4c77d596103f9.jpg

Bless her...... Missing, wanting her grandmother who will never be there..... It brakes your heart....her mother, both Lynne's daughters offered these words for their own mother during the funeral.

The coward in me has held me back from visiting her grave to this day.... Maybe I'm still in denial or maybe the truth is bigger than me, i don't know but next week i will go to her grave and i will tell her i love her.....Forever. 

I don't mean to be detrimental of your relationship with Elaine, I'm sure you love her very much and are happy but do you think you moved on too quickly after Lyn passed away? Did you give yourself enough time to come to terms with what happened and to grieve properly if you haven't even visited her grave.

My Mum passed away a few months after Lyn so it's been difficult for me to not compare you to my Dad. It's only been this last year or two he has accepted she's gone and won't be coming back. He's not even contemplated meeting someone else. He's now retired (again after retiring early before) and is finally starting to sort his house/garden out and enjoy life again. I know everyone is different though.

It was Elaine who has pushed me toward visiting Lynne's grave. I think she knows I've been avoiding it. Was getting married again to early? I don't know and i don't think anytime would be right or indeed wrong. I think situations like this come from the heart albeit a broken one, nevertheless moving forward is healthy otherwise i could have fallen into a pit of self pity condemning myself to a living grave.