200sx Alignment check

Steve-O

The move from -2d50' to -1d10' will lift the rear arches away from the tyre so i cannot see a problem there. Spacers at the rear only widens the track, this is of little interest to me domestically, whereas spacers on the front opens a completely new can-O-worms!

The TRE adjusters are readily available. I am researching the correct fitment and costings as we type :thumbsup_anim:

Hi Tony

I managed to dig out a image of the caster adjustment on the tension rod bushes :lol: Camber ones at the rear work in the same way :

DSC00558.jpg

Will drop the car off at 8.30am tomorrow if thats ok ? :o My friend Tone will be along for 1.30pm as agreed.

Steve

Argh going to have to reschedule tomorrow i am afraid mate - Tone cant make it due to personal commitments now. He said he can do next week ? What do you have on ?

Steve

You tell me when. Your the customer.... The Tie-rod, i can see the mechinisam now but!!!! I cannot understand how it will rotate to acquire the correct adjustment? So i definitely need Tony there for some instruction.

Argh going to have to reschedule tomorrow i am afraid mate - Tone cant make it due to personal commitments now. He said he can do next week ? What do you have on ?

Steve

You tell me when. Your the customer.... The Tie-rod, i can see the mechinisam now but!!!! I cannot understand how it will rotate to acquire the correct adjustment? So i definitely need Tony there for some instruction.

Is monday any good to you ?

Steve

Steve

Is monday any good to you ?

Steve

Yep.... AM 10ish is good?

Hi Steve,

Nasty problem you have there with the Tie Rod Ends! Tony called me earlier Re: My 2nd Alignment, and mentioned the problem your having. I think you can just upgrade the TRE's to resolve. However TEIN are a bunch of comedians, and as such I believe you have to match their TRE's with the rods. If you want to go this route then Driftworks sell them as a pair for £141. The reason I mention them first is because TEIN kit is quite easy to get hold of over here.

The TRE's that I know will fit are Ikeya Formula and Kazama Auto. I have the Kazamas, and the nuts from the OE rods fit the Kazama Super TREs, as I needed them to fit mine (although I did actually fit the Kazama rods too) :lol:

The Kazama Rods and Ends from Japan are slightly more than the TEINs, however they are superior, my Japanese contact said that he has seen TEIN Tie Rods bent where under the same conditions Kazama would not. Just the Kazama TRE's would be around £75 (that includes Import Duty, EMS by Air from Japan).

Ikeya Formula are considered the flagship in suspension arm components in Japan, they do all the premier stuff buts its pricey. They do Roll Center adjust front lower arms with pillow tension rods which are pretty sexy! I'm putting a fairly sizable order through to my Japanese contact soon, so if you want I could tag on the required components and have them delivered straight to you, would probably save a bit on tax and shipping too.

Also i'm curious to see what your results are with these polynolathane bushes. If they work well they are a good alternative to tension rods, so Tony/Steve, let us know :o

Oh and Nengun are pretty good, they sell lots of JDM parts, which they ship from Japan to you. Some parts they do not have (like Kazama), but their prices are very competitive.

Hi Steve,

Nasty problem you have there with the Tie Rod Ends! Tony called me earlier Re: My 2nd Alignment, and mentioned the problem your having. I think you can just upgrade the TRE's to resolve. However TEIN are a bunch of comedians, and as such I believe you have to match their TRE's with the rods. If you want to go this route then Driftworks sell them as a pair for £141. The reason I mention them first is because TEIN kit is quite easy to get hold of over here.

The TRE's that I know will fit are Ikeya Formula and Kazama Auto. I have the Kazamas, and the nuts from the OE rods fit the Kazama Super TREs, as I needed them to fit mine (although I did actually fit the Kazama rods too) :lol:

The Kazama Rods and Ends from Japan are slightly more than the TEINs, however they are superior, my Japanese contact said that he has seen TEIN Tie Rods bent where under the same conditions Kazama would not. Just the Kazama TRE's would be around £75 (that includes Import Duty, EMS by Air from Japan).

Ikeya Formula are considered the flagship in suspension arm components in Japan, they do all the premier stuff buts its pricey. They do Roll Center adjust front lower arms with pillow tension rods which are pretty sexy! I'm putting a fairly sizable order through to my Japanese contact soon, so if you want I could tag on the required components and have them delivered straight to you, would probably save a bit on tax and shipping too.

Also i'm curious to see what your results are with these polynolathane bushes. If they work well they are a good alternative to tension rods, so Tony/Steve, let us know :o

Oh and Nengun are pretty good, they sell lots of JDM parts, which they ship from Japan to you. Some parts they do not have (like Kazama), but their prices are very competitive.

Hi Dave

Thanks for the reply :o

The Kazama TRE's : So they will fit standard rods as pictured by tony ? Thats a good solution in which case for £75!. Are there any pics floating about of the said items so i can take a look ?

I know for a fact there are a number of 200 owners that would like these if they work. They would love to hear as £141 is a tad on the steep side.

Are you on SXOC by any chance ?

Tony: Still waiting to hear from Tone about monday morning.. should know soon !

Steve

Hi Steve,

The TRE's that I know will fit are Ikeya Formula and Kazama Auto. I have the Kazamas, and the nuts from the OE rods fit the Kazama Super TREs, as I needed them to fit mine (although I did actually fit the Kazama rods too) :P

Also i'm curious to see what your results are with these polynolathane bushes. If they work well they are a good alternative to tension rods, so Tony/Steve, let us know :D

Hi Dave

Thanks for the reply :)

The Kazama TRE's : So they will fit standard rods as pictured by tony ? Thats a good solution in which case for £75!. Are there any pics floating about of the said items so i can take a look ?

I know for a fact there are a number of 200 owners that would like these if they work. They would love to hear as £141 is a tad on the steep side.

Steve

Please let me know ASAP so i can book the ramp.

Steve why not pm Dave and get a contact number so you can negotiate the TRE's.... I would feel much more comfortable if you had the correct ends fitted.

Hi Dave

Thanks for the reply :P

Steve

I am on SXOC yes, my board name is Dave there too.

Kazama Auto Super Tie Rod End

Kazama Auto Super Tie Rod

Ikeya Formula "Foot Works" (Arms)

Hi Dave

Thanks for the reply :P

Steve

I am on SXOC yes, my board name is Dave there too.

Kazama Auto Super Tie Rod End

Kazama Auto Super Tie Rod

Ikeya Formula "Foot Works" (Arms)

Sent you a PM on SXOC Dave... very interested in the Kazama Auto Super Tie Rod Ends if they fit standard arms!!

Steve

post-2-1185547318.jpg

Hi Tony

Can you confirm the car was on its wheels and suspension loaded up when these pics were taken ?

Steve

Yes mate.... Wheels are on the deck.. The suspension doesn't need preloading other than a full tank of fuel for a domestic set-up.

Hi Tony

Right the situation with the car is as follows :

Word for Aus :

The Tension rod bushes need to be changed for some Noltec ones which apparently allow live caster adjustments which is what i thought these ones do. The ones currently on the car are missing a special adjustment tool...Either way some new ones will be going on that should sort the issue with adjusting the caster. Fingers crossed.

The rear camber - as far as i am concerned has been setup now. I am slightly concerned about wear rates but thats something i will monitor. As you said swapping the tyres on the rims will double the life span of the rubber but i was also thinking along the lines of adjustable camber arms for the rear (not rose jointed) to replace the OEM arms. The level of adjustment on these should be more than able to bring the camber out towards a more conservative angle... which then might cause me a rim/arch issue but that is easily sorted.

So for now things are 95% or so complete in terms of getting the alignment spot on to my taste. Not sure on timescales for getting the new bushes and getting them in the car but i have a feeling the next time you will be looking at the car will be in your new premises :D, as i will have to work on the car to fit in around other work/social commitments :) Looking to get some new tie rods and ends on at the same time to solve that other issue also.

Will keep you updated though :thumbsup_anim:

Steve

Quote: Steve-O

Having the importer on site opened his eyes to the problem regarding the adjustment. Seemingly as i said there is something missing.

Once you have more compliant adjusters fitted then we can conclude the other 5%.... And as you say with "Luck" it will be in the new wim centre?

Quote: Steve-O

Having the importer on site opened his eyes to the problem regarding the adjustment. Seemingly as i said there is something missing.

Once you have more compliant adjusters fitted then we can conclude the other 5%.... And as you say with "Luck" it will be in the new wim centre?

I'd be interested to have a look at your setup/kit when the next adjustment takes place :) Very interesting !!