Puncture

parthiban

Set out yesterday morning to run some errands and after 10 mins the tyre pressure warning goes nuts. No obvious issues but could feel the passenger rear corner feeling a bit off so stop the car and have a look - wasn't completely flat thankfully so I could limp home but 2 screws in the same tyre!

Tyre pressure sensors can be quite useful - I was about 2 mins from jumping on a dual carriageway so glad to have them!

post-1222-0-48681800-1469437720.jpg

post-1222-0-82605200-1469437722.jpg

Yeah it's just bad luck, I've been quite lucky with punctures over the last few years so it had to catch up with me some time. Interestingly though among my friends there have been several punctures over the last few months - say something about the current state of our roads perhaps?

It's a bit too close to the edge for comfort so haven't even bothered to check about a repair, have just ordered a new tyre. Bizarrely no one has them in stock except Camskill (which was lucky!), Dunlop has them on backorder and expected delivery is 8 weeks!

Good at least you bought the right tyre.

Camskill were the only people who had it, and delivered it yesterday. Will hopefully get it fitted on the weekend.

HiQ claimed to have it, but they have history of pretending to have things they don't so didn't want to take the risk.

If you compared a standard SP Sport 01 and an SP Sport 01 MO - what would actually be the difference? Is it a different rubber compound? Or the loading?

Decided to do the refurb too so going to get these guys to do it - they have Merc wheels they can lend out which means the car can stay on the road :)

http://www.fawheels.co.uk/

Yes i've known it happen but the insurance company forced the company that fitted the wrong tyres to fit the bill.

Seriously?

Then surely anyone who fits budget ditchfinders should suffer the same fate? Got to say the whole tyre situation needs to be assessed a lot more, it's so important for cars to have good tyres on them, shouldn't be able to fit any old rubbish.

I'm close to needing new rears on the 360 and I'm still torn as to whether to get the OEM P Zeros or switch to the Michelin Super Sports which pretty much everyone says are miles better!

Tyres were fitted on a second hand car sold by a dealer, the owner spin the car a wrote it off and it was deemed the tyres/ car was not fit for purpose.

Wow that's surprising. That's an interesting precedent though isn't it, as surely means you cannot fit anything other than the manufacturer's recommended tyre?