FAO Tony

thank's for today mate :king_right: .car seem's a ok now wheel is very very slightly off centre but i can live with that for now,as it will be comin apart in the next month to 6 week's so i can fit me shock's and lowering spring's/camber adjuster's new arm's etc.etc.......but the steering is lighter then normal and and handle's a little odd{but this may be down to me havin to get use to the car again :unsure: but defo much better now and dosnt pull or wonder.{again wont be 100% on it untill the drive to work tomorro

this is what he set it to....

front's parallel

o/s + 1 n/s - 1

on rear flag's it was reading at 3 both side's

track rod end's set level

doe's that seem right to you matey ????????

and thank's again for all your help on this :ph34r_anim:

+1 -1 means the steering position is slightly L-H-D but this is not bad considering the equipment they are using..... Was you handled by them in a friendly fashion.

yes mate very friendly tbh.just a thought but my understanding of runnin parallel is if the rear read 0 both side's then i thought the front should read 0 too???

+1 -1 means the steering position is slightly L-H-D but this is not bad considering the equipment they are using..... Was you handled by them in a friendly fashion.

yes mate very friendly tbh.just a thought but my understanding of runnin parallel is if the rear read 0 both side's then i thought the front should read 0 too???

Yes it should.... You learn fast young jammy skywalker....

post-2-1183663819.jpg

post-2-1183663819.jpg

well i now alittle bit about trackin mate..i got tought on a mk1 golf year's back and it was the 1's with singal side adjustable track rod end,what a P.I.T.A thay are to do :rolleyes: also did my mondeo estate at a quickfit garage when thay naffed that up :rolleyes: if i could get a job just doin that and learn the geo too then id be happy as a pig in XXXX :lol:

so should i be thinkin about takin it back then to get the front put to o then :unsure: or should i leave it as it is????????

post-2-1183663819.jpg

well i now a little bit about tracking mate..i got taught on a mk1 golf year's back and it was the 1's with single side adjustable track rod end,what a P.I.T.A they are to do :rolleyes: also did my mondeo estate at a quickfit garage when they naffed that up :rolleyes: if i could get a job just doing that and learn the geo too then id be happy as a pig in XXXX :lol:

so should i be thinking about taking it back then to get the front put to o then :unsure: or should i leave it as it is????????

It is 0..... +1 -1= 0. All this means is that to obtain 0 dynamically you need to hold the steering wheel slightly off-line L-H-D. The steering position now... Although bloody annoying is cosmetic.

1 -1 means the steering position is slightly L-H-D but this is not bad considering the equipment they are using..... Was you handled by them in a friendly fashion.

post-2-1183663819.jpg

well i now a little bit about tracking mate..i got taught on a mk1 golf year's back and it was the 1's with single side adjustable track rod end,what a P.I.T.A they are to do :rolleyes: also did my mondeo estate at a quickfit garage when they naffed that up :rolleyes: if i could get a job just doing that and learn the geo too then id be happy as a pig in XXXX ;)

so should i be thinking about taking it back then to get the front put to o then :unsure: or should i leave it as it is????????

It is 0..... 1 -1= 0. All this means is that to obtain 0 dynamically you need to hold the steering wheel slightly off-line L-H-D. The steering position now... Although bloody annoying is cosmetic.

well the drive to work was awfull,dont understand why its doin this :lol: steering is to the rightvery light and its wondering all over the show.and is as undirect as a blind driver tryin to find his way way round london lol.

each time thay redo this the wheel sits opposite to what it did before hand : unsure: untill yesterday it handled sweet other then the wheel was of centre. but now thay seem to of lost the whole carectoristic's of the car now..............

well what a turn out lol.went back today and thay wernt goin to touch it again.but we had a little talk and thay asked me if i knew anything about car's and allingment. :rolleyes: to which i replied well im a qualified maechanic and know litle about tracking etc but have an idea of the process! so i told him what i know.........

told him i would have set the front to zero first to see how thing's looked.then even up the wheel's abit at a time to acheive the reccomended setting's :unsure: which was prob the wrong thing to do.but i was alway's told to do this first as if you just put them straight on settin's you have 2 hope's of getting a true reading???????

so bob's your uncle fanny's ya aunt...it went sweet as and now the wheel is straight and drive's spot on

so there must have been some rightness in what i was tought as a aprentise all those year's ago....

thank's again tony for all your help on this.......think i ow you a beer lol :rolleyes:

Well done jammy... It just goes to show asking a few questions and reading some posts put you in a position to tell them what to do..... Tiss a satisfying feeling don't you agree.... :rolleyes:

deffinatly mate.im over the moon now :rolleyes: and to celibrate me car bein back to it's humble direct self

im goin out for a bit of a drive :unsure:

Nice one mate, I bet they'd be recruiting you soon... :D

:) :) thay couldnt afford me :D

:) However He's known for workin' for a cuppa tea & a "Jammy" Do-nut... :D

:) Glad you got it sorted Jamster <_< know what a nightmare it's been for you

:) Dan :)

Nice one mate, I bet they'd be recruiting you soon... :lol:

:lol: :angry: thay couldnt afford me :lol:

:lol: However He's known for workin' for a cuppa tea & a "Jammy" Do-nut... :lol:

:o Glad you got it sorted Jamster :unsure: know what a nightmare it's been for you

:lol: Dan :lol:

ohhhhhhhhh do-nut'z YUMMIE YUMMIE