Prevent-a-puncture...

Tony

Clearly a take on the Dunlop Denovo gel inner liner coating but this product makes me feel uneasy...... http://www.preventapunctureuk.com/

The Q&A section is questionable http://www.preventapunctureuk.com/about-us/faq/

My main concern is it could hide a potentially dangerous injury because as it says you may not even know you have a puncture plus to work correctly the object needs to be removed..... So does this mean you need to check all your tyres each time you drive the car? 

Doesn't seem a lot different to the other many sealants available. Installation centres all in Leicestershire plus mobile. Guarantee gets the puncture repaired at their expense subject to conditions.

I've never seen it on Dragon's Den.

The other types you use when the tyres going flat whereas this one repairs on the fly...... I can see a build issue off the bat because over night the gel will gather and initially cause real bad vibration until it dissipates again on the liner. 

I saw this product so many years ago at a show, and was sceptical so didn't buy (it was a lot cheaper then!)

Would be curious to try it out, but I wonder why a miracle product like this hasn't been reviewed by the major car magazines? Being suppressed by tyre manufacturers or just a product that doesn't work?

Permission to wobble head......... :smile_anim:

Did you know that if a owner has used "get you home" repair gel in a tyre then it's acceptable for the tyre shop to refuse to repair the tyre :o

I guess it makes sense, was watching your guys clean out some tyres when we were at WIM in the summer and it looked pretty disgusting.