Mx5 NB Setup.

SuperBluebird

Your rear camber is a bit of an issue?

Also what is going on with your rear toe? The car needs a little toe in.

Do you have a print out of your geo?

There are some key numbers that are missing

I replaced the nearside springs back in 2013, and one of the cams were disturbed, so I got the garage (Mx5 City) to fit the offside pair and full geometry, I asked for no explanation, simply that it be done. Clearly it was, and the pronounced left following my own accidental geometry tuning was corrected. The meandering I put down to worn rears, which I changed recently. This made no difference, so I started to wonder if there was something more amiss, especially having aborted an overtake on a B road, where the sudden tuck left took me by surprise. I went to a local road and tried to work out what was happening. I could see that the nose tucked when committed to a corner - I guess you'd say oversteer, but when having exited the final left, and accelerating in a straight line, i had to correct against someone else coming in the opposite direction who went for an overtake, 45-50 mph ish. And again that flick left and lift off saw the car fishtail through a number of oscillations, with me having to countersteer against each flick. To be honest I was bricking myself.

I dug the figures out and came here, looks like it's not a good setup, irrespective of what it actually is 2 years down the line.

My advise is either take a trip to WIM (its well worth it) or look up on the website to see any of the affiliated garages are near you. Tony can send the setting over to the garage for them to set.

Still i would prefer going to WIM itself as the guys there really know their stuff and you drive home will be 100% fun

• 3 weeks later...