Geometry calibration> how bad is it out there

I wrote a set-up for a owner of a Mazda MX5 since the cars have a progressive calibration position... With the data all the company had to do was hit wim's target positions.

wim's targets

Rear

Camber> -1degree 14'

Toe> +1.1mm per side

Front

Camber> -34'

Castor> +6degrees 17'

Toe> +1.5mm per side

And they set it too...

Front:

Left caster 4 degrees 50'

Right caster 5 degrees 21'

Left camber -0 degrees 24'

Right camber -1 degrees 06'

Left Toe 0 degrees 13'

Right toe 0 degrees 11'

Total toe 0 degrees 25'

Rear:

Left camber -1 degree 47'

Right camber -2 degrees 46'

Left toe 0 degrees 09'

Right toe 0 degrees 10'

Thrust angle 0

I even spoke to them on the phone during the calibration!!!! It angers me. Even if they don't understand what the angles are, at least move the numbers so they look the same.. It's hardly bloody rocket science.

So after the owner sent me the final positions my reply was "be very careful" the handling now is dangerous. If the owner wants i am prepared to contact the centre and explain their error. But i am not confident they have the ability to correct it without a nanny holding their hand...

So how bad is it out there.......... This bad!

i noticed the number's for each side were completly differant .

think i could have followed you r setting {if i knew how to do geo}

tony is the prossess for geo similur to that of 4 wheel alingment??????

i noticed the number's for each side were completely different .

think i could have followed you r setting {if i knew how to do geo}

tony is the possess for geo similar to that of 4 wheel alignment??????

That's the point... All they had to do is match the numbers how simple is that... If they did and the car handled pants then that's wim's fault... Now as things stand the car is dangerous to drive!!

Geometry and 4 wheel alignment are miles apart.... Check this link in wim> http://www.wheels-inmotion.co.uk/forum/ind...hp?showtopic=49

cheer's for the link tonywas a very interestin read....whith the 4 wheel alingment on a mondeo...

thay checked the rear's with the gadge's on the oposit way round? just wonderin as thay did this today on mine before adjustin the front???

Cheer's for the link tonywas a very interesting read....with the 4 wheel alignment on a mondeo...

they checked the rear's with the gauge's on the opposite way round? just wondering as they did this today on mine before adjusting the front???

Measuring and establishing the rear centre line (thrust) is the correct thing to do..... They read very professional.

Cheer's for the link tonywas a very interesting read....with the 4 wheel alignment on a mondeo...

they checked the rear's with the gauge's on the opposite way round? just wondering as they did this today on mine before adjusting the front???

Measuring and establishing the rear centre line (thrust) is the correct thing to do..... They read very professional.

it was done at ATS near me since thay sorted my estate out for me after so much trobble with other place's.

with them the car goe's in and come''s out and ive never had to take it back coa thay had done it wrong...

my car now drive's as good as it will get for it's age.

it was done at ATS near me since thay sorted my estate out for me after so much trobble with other place's.

with them the car goe's in and come''s out and ive never had to take it back coa thay had done it wrong...

With a years MOT :D

With a years MOT :D

:D yep and glad the worry is over now.......well till next year anyway :D